4、フレンドリーなランチ (Friendly Lunch)

"Hey there Light! How are you?" Ryusaki asks me on the way to the dining hall.

"Hi." I say.

His voices goes from extremely positive to deep in less than a minute. Sometimes, I really don't understand him really well. But I have to keep getting close to him as a "friend" so that eventually he'll tell me his real name. Or I'll find out some other way. Anway, I have to get close to him, so he doesn't suspect me to be Kira any more than he already does. 

"Hey, I've got a lunch break. Want to come?" I ask him.

"Hm. Perfect I'm kind of craving shortcake." He stands up.

"Alright..." I say.

I open the door for him to some kind of restaurant. I just have to by my time and then I'll strike. He thinks of me as a friend which is the best chance, I have to getting him off my back and learning his true name. We sit down. He bites his finger.

"How's school going?" He asks me.

"Eh. Same old same old." I say.

"I have something from the FBI analysis when they examined the bodies." He hands me a letter.

I examine it. I have to be careful. I don't want to begin to walk on thin ice. 

"It's a letter from Kira to Yugam lying about who he truly is." He says.

"And he also sent one to the other guy." I say.

"Yes." He says.

This is a dangerous game he's playing. I'm playing it but I have to be careful. Really careful. The more I help him, the more he suspects me. I bite my lip. I have to answer but not in full truth. I watch him take a bite of cake.

"Are you going to eat anything Light?" He asks.

"Eh. Not really hungry." I say.

"You should really eat." He says.

"Alright..." I take a bite out of tonkatsu I ordered.