𝘭𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴, 𝘧𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴

Very Small Spicy Warning!

"You..you are such a wimp!"
Lux tossed her head back in laughter, the mess of her red hair falling across her shoulders as she ran down the dock.

Plenty of her friends had joined them on this impromptu camping trip, all of them already splashing around in the deep blue water.

Coriolanus was already flustered from seeing the girl in her bathing suit, and didn't know if he could stand stripping down himself. He looked off into the woods, as if someone were watching.
"You just want me to take off my shirt."
He rolled his eyes sarcastically.
"Maybe I do. That buzzcut definitely does something to me."
She laughed, ruffling his cropped blonde hair before running the length dock.

In one quick movement, Lux had flung herself into the lake, sputtering up water through her giggles. She pushed her hair to the sides of her devilish face.
"Cmon lover boy."
She said as if a dare while she dipped the bottom half of her face into the water. She reminded Coriolanus of a siren, waiting to pull him down and under.

With one final glance around, Coriolanus gave in, lifting his shirt over his head and running down the wooden planks towards Lux, who was absolutely beaming.
He splashed in right next to her, which resulted in a more than aggressive water war that he eventually let her win.
As the sun set, the many friends in the lake quieted down, all while Lux and Coriolanus stuck together like paste.

"Your right. I did just want you to take your shirt off." Lux whispered as she hugged onto his back.
He turned his head towards her with a crooked smile.
"You are absolutely impossible, Lux Windsong."

------------

The night continued with laughter, dancing, and music. Coriolanus watched in awe as Lux played the fiddle by the campfire, the flames illuminating her porcelain face and ancient looking instrument.
He had never heard music like this in the Capitol, the only way to describe the drab sound was polite. But this...the way everyone around her was so filled with joy at the sight and sound of her playing. It wasn't polite. It wasn't conventional.
It was raw, and pure. Each note was defined by another swish of her bow as her fingers rapidly shifted into every position imaginable.
When she finished, everyone cheered, and Snow found himself clapping right along with them.

Once Lux had set her violin back into its dilapidated leather case, she took a seat next to the boy, who immediately wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pressing his face tightly into her neck.
"You are incredible."
"Those are fighting words, Corio." She responded with her southern slur.

While each of their companions fled to their beds one by one, Lux and Coriolanus sat in a warm embrace by the fire, the blaze crackling before them.

After some time, Lux looked up to Corio, removing her head from his chest.
He smiled at her drearily.
"What's the matter?"
"Corio...I want to tell you something...but-but you don't have to say it back because I know you don't like talking about stuff such as this but-"

"I love you."

Coriolanus whispered, staring intently into her silver eyes.
Lux's heart practically clung to the back of her rib cage, pounding with surprise and love and whatever messy emotions a human can experience.

"I love you too."
She said faintly.

He slowly touched his hands to her cheeks, cupping crimson hair and freckles. This was the first time he had felt anything like this. A connection wasn't the right word.
It was something much deeper than that. A deeper level of understanding although they could not be anymore different.
Coriolanus desperately pressed his lips to hers, which Lux returned even more passionately, grabbing at his bare chest.
He brushed her hair to her back as he ever so gently pulled at the strap of her bathing suit top.