he gives her his hoodie

Taylor basked in the warm feeling that rushed over her as Travis held her hand tightly.

It was late in the night but Taylor couldn't seem to get to sleep.

She ended up texting Travis to see if he was awake as well and it just so happened that he was.

So now, though it's just a little after three am, they're walking through a park together, hand in hand as they talk and laugh together.

Taylor started talking about a new song she was working on and Travis just stared at her with an adoring gaze, listening to every word and every little detail.

But, suddenly, she started to shiver.

"You okay?' He asked in a soft voice as his hand gently brushed against her arm.

"Yeah. I guess that my long-sleeved shirt just wasn't enough because I'm getting cold." She said. "I'm not ready to go back though. I'm having fun."

"Me neither." He replied before he stopped walking. "Here."

He took his hoodie off, pulling it over his head, leaving him in just a short-sleeved shirt.

"No, what if you get cold?" She asked as he stood in front of her.

He gently pulled his hoodie over her head before he gently combed his fingers through her messy hair.

"I'll be fine. As long as you're warm, that's all I care about." He whispered before he gently brushed his hand across her cheek.

Taylor's eyes slipped shut as a smile pulled at her lips before he leaned in and kissed her forehead softly.

"I care about you a lot. I hope you know that." He said.

"I do." She spoke as she opened her eyes. "I care about you a lot too."

Her heart skipped a beat as he sent her a soft smile.

"Are you warm now?"

"A little."

He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close as his fingers gently brushed across her hip.

"Better?"

"Much." Taylor grinned.

They continued to walk under the streetlights as the moon hung low in the sky.

Taylor was falling hard; almost as hard as he was for her.

And she'd never felt safer or happier as she did so, wondering if he might just be the one.