Chapter 10/ breakfast

Ryan walked down the stairs. A voice called out from the kitchen, "Which one is that?"

Ryan replied, "The boy." There was a knock at the door. He said, "I'll get it." He opened the door. There was a woman standing there. Ryan instantly knew who it was. He said, "Morning, Mrs. Koani. It's kind of early. None of the girls were expecting to be picked up this early. Plus, I am not sure if Sage is even awake yet."

Mrs. Koani asked, "Is that a diaper?"

Ryan looked down and realized he had not put on pants. He looked up at Mrs. Koani. He said, "Well, I can explain. This house has a rule requiring all persons under eighteen to wear a diaper to bed. I just got up and haven't changed yet."

Mrs. Koani asked, "Did Sage know this rule existed before she came over on Friday?"

Ryan decided to lie to Mrs. Koani. He answered, "Yes."

Mrs. Koani responded, "I need to talk to Ms. Temple. Can you go get her?"

Ryan walked to the kitchen. Ms. Temple was making waffles. He said, "Mrs. Koani is at the door. She wants to talk to you about something."

Ms. Temple handed the spoon to Rebecca. "Here honey, take over."

Rebecca took over stirring the bowl. Ms. Temple walked out of the room. Ryan said, "I need to ask you something. I don't want you to get mad or insulted. How are things between you and the girl you brought home Friday night?"

Rebecca answered, "I honestly don't know. I have never had a partner break down crying before last night. Mom handled it. Which is only right. I haven't talked to her yet. She fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed last night. I am not sure which one of us broke her. Mom with her pleasant everybody is welcome here attitude. Me with well, you are little too young to hear the details so let's just go with fun stuff. Or you with the whole everyone has to wear a diaper rule."

Ryan replied, "First off, I don't think you can blame either of us for her being broken before she came here. Second, if she is broken then there is no better place for her to be than here. Your mother is really good at her job. I have a question. How did you meet her?"

Rebecca answered, "The Lady Panthers Club had a minors night. Susan was sitting at a table by herself. Most of the people there were not paying any attention to her. She looked a little sad. I think she was about to leave. So, I did what our mother taught us. Try to make friends with everyone. Even the outcast. You never know what effect your act of kindness will produce."

Ryan asked, "The Lady Panthers Club is the females only one, right?"

Rebecca answered, "Yes, it is. So anyway, she was sitting there looking sad that she was not getting any attention. I walked over to her table and asked if I could sit down. She took a little coaxing, but eventually she agreed to join me for one night of fun. You were in the living room when we go home the other night. You saw how that went."

Ryan asked, "I have seen you with boys and girls. Do you mind me asking what you are?"

Rebecca answered, "The term for me is pansexual. I like everyone." She put her hand to her butt and rubbed the back of the diaper. "I don't think I am ever going to get used to this. Any more curveballs you want to throw at me this week?"

Ryan said, "I promised the girls a story over breakfast. You were there for some of it. But this is the full story of how we met Riley. All of the glorious details included." He turned his head. "Your friend, er... guest is coming." He turned and walked out of the room.

Susan walked into the kitchen. She said, "Morning. Sorry about last night. It was a lot of stuff to deal with. I am glad you sat down at my table. If nothing else, it introduced me to your mother and a very caring young lady. I have felt more love in the last two days than I have in the whole of my life. I know I said that I was not looking for long term relationships, but can we continue to be friends?"