Chapter 45

A smut chapter ;)

It's been about six weeks since the interview and it was still all over the media

It's been about six weeks since the interview and it was still all over the media. The next thing I knew my house was swamped with reporters and some even stalking me. School was another fiasco. My teachers have been sending me my school work but for Cesar, he's been going every day. He told me tons of students asked about me and other things but he doesn't tell me much. I think it's because he doesn't want me to feel left out. Church, on the other hand, has become politics since the interview came out. Some were against me, and some were for me, but it hasn't stopped me from going every Sunday. My father was demoted and someone else is now running for major. I got a few voicemails about how much he hates me and wishes I was neever born, etc. I don't let his words bother me anymore. Scared for my safety, Cesar and Stacey took me in until the media died down. But even then they found me. Cesar and I resorted to a cabin a few miles away from his house. Luckily it was family-owned and Stacey came to visit us four times out the week. Throughout the entire six weeks, I visited Dr. Coleman and she said my cancer has progressed worse and it feels like it. I'm sleeping more because of my body pain and have lost a couple of pounds. I'm losing my hair every day and I'll eventually be bald.

I've made some progress on my bucket list with Cesar's help. He took me to a state fair and I got to ride a horse there and got my face painted. I finally learned how to bake cheesecake and Cesar's abuela helped. I sadly had to cross off running a 5k with the condition I'm in but other than that I still have nine things to-do.

I leaned against the window as the wind blew against my face. Memories of the interview flowed in my mind.

"Excuse me?" I chuckle, playing off like I heard her wrong.

"How long have you had cancer?" She repeats.

"I thought this interview was about my father, not me," I was getting nervous.

"I just wanted to confirm if what I heard was true," She shrugs.

"Which is what exactly?" I cross my arms over my chest. I felt a warm touch in my thigh and I knew it was Cesar trying to calm me down but I didn't look at him.

"That you have cancer," She looks at me dumbfounded.

"Cut the camera," I demand standing up and I start to take my mic off.

"Jane, woah there, please calm down,"Natalia says standing up.

I was upset. This was supposed to be a secret. I threw whatever was attached to me on the couch. I kept hearing everyone tell me to calm down.

"I will not calm down! Who told you huh?" I huff out.

She was taken aback from my tone.

"I overheard a nurse tell someone at the hospital about it while I was interviewing someone else," She explains.

"So you just decided to esedrop? So much for hospice," I laugh dryily and start to walk away.