Chapter 47

It's been a few days since I got out of the hospital, and I was lying on my living room carpet with Lucy

It's been a few days since I got out of the hospital, and I was lying on my living room carpet with Lucy. I watched her as she played with the new toy I bought her. I was prescribed more medication to help the body aches and seizures, but I honestly left like crap. Cesar texts me nonstop every minute to make sure I'm okay, and if I don't respond, his mom, Richard, or Oliver will call me. I felt like a child being watched or worried about. I get they're all worried about me, but I'll be fine. I think they forget that I've been on my own for a while now. Dr. Coleman wants to assign a nurse to care for me if things get worse. I'm not sure if I want to, though, and I certainly don't want to die in a hospital.

My phone pinged and I roll my eyes. I open my phone and I have five text messages back-to-back from Cesar.

'I'm heading to my fifth period'

'Wyd now?'

'Jane?'

'Sunshine, everything okay?'

'Hello?'

I groan and want to toss my phone but instead I reply.

'I'm fine, for the 100th time. Enjoy class,'

Lucy came up to my purring and I pet her softly, continuing to think. If things are going to bad, I need to write a will. I don't want my father taking over my possessions.

I sigh getting up with Lucy in my arms and grab a paper and pen. I start to list the things and assign them to a person. Tears started to fill my eyes as I wrote and rage are starting to take over. I was getting upset and wanted to rip my hair out. I was fustrated with the idea that I'm going to die. All the things I wanted to do when I got older is gone. I wanted to go to college, get a degree in something that matters, eventually get married, live out in the country away from the town and gossip, have my own garden or farm, and raise my future kids. I wanted to do all the right things but now I can't.

I stood up pacing back and forth, biting my nails. My head was pounding but racing with thoughts. I needed to get out of here.

I texted Richard asking if he can pick me up and he replied yes. I put all the papers away and got dressed quickly. Richard texted saying he was here. I made sure Lucy had food and water in her bowls before locking the door and meeting Richard outside. I get into his car and worry washed over his face.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I-I'm fine," I breathe out, "Just drive me to this address please," I show him my phone.

"You sure?" He asked looking at the address.

"Please," I begged him. The worry on his face turned into a confusion but he just nodded.

After forty minutes, we arrived and I felt excited. We walked in and the empolyee made us sign papers for insurance purposes. I grab my choice of weapon and put the helmet on with goggles.