2

Jennie Kim doesn't hear from her Soulmate for seven days.

And as much as she pretends like it doesn't bother her, it's seven days too long.

She busies herself with work, going home late. It helps that the collection launch is just around the corner. It gives her more reason to be busy, but she can't deny how empty her mornings are without her Neighbor's presence.

Jennie groans, hiding her face in the palm of her hands.

Is this really what it's like after meeting one's soulmate?

She was fine before this. Jennie Kim knew how to set aside personal feelings when at work, she knew how to be professional, yet here she is, distracted with those warm brown eyes, that sweet smile and that relentless yet endearing personality.

Jennie's lips form a smile, remembering the many questions she had asked. She pulls the sleeve of her blazer down, revealing her timer.

25 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes, 53 seconds

What if she's ruined the chances of getting to know her? She had been so mean to her after their last conversation. What if she's moved out of the apartment complex-

—Jennie shakes her head, stopping herself from going into this spiral.

Focus, Jennie. Focus. You're at work.

Jennie lets out a deep breath. She pulls her sleeves down, hiding her timer and diverts her attention back to her monitor, ready to tackle another day.

***

Knock

Knock

Knock

"So do you want the good news first or the bad news?"

Jennie looks up, immediately recognizing her assistant's voice. She invites Yeri inside her office. The younger woman carefully walks inside clutching her folders tightly against her chest.

"How about we start with the good news?" she offers, noticing the slight tremble in her assistant's fingers. Whatever the bad news was, it's surely bad enough to make her assistant this terrified.

The question immediately lightens Yeri's mood. She quickly takes a seat by Jennie's desk. "We found a good photographer for the collection. I know you really wanted Petra Collins to direct this shoot, but as you know, Miss Collins had to back out last minute- she still sends her regards."

Jennie nods, giving her a tight-lipped smile. Having Collins back out last minute was something she was not anticipating. But as she's learned throughout the years, it's safe to have a plan B.

"Tell me about this new photographer."

"Irene interviewed a new applicant this morning and says she's quite promising. She's a good fit for the project and the team— i know you've been thinking about hiring a permanent event photographer on board for a while now. We think she might be it!"

Yeri slides portfolio over to Jennie. "Here are a couple of examples."

Jennie opens the portfolio, flipping through the pages. The photographs were striking, capturing the elegance and edginess she needed for her collection. She finds herself immersed, taking her time to really look at the photos.

"I think Miss Manoban should still be in the building?" Yeri begins to stand up. "I can go get her for you—"

Jennie shakes her head. "No, it's okay." She closes the portfolio, giving Yeri her full attention. She'll surely look through the photos later when she gets home. "I'm impressed so far. Please schedule a meeting with her at her earliest convenience."