1

"Everything is going according to plan," Jennie Kim sits forward from her chair, looking around at her team.

"We have the fashion shoot in a month," She looks through the bullet pointed agenda in front of her. "And commercial shoots."

"Followed by the magazine interviews." Irene chimes in.

She clears her throat, straightening her posture. "Great work, team. I think we're on our way to a successful collection launch."

She's been waiting for this moment, working herself to the bone, trying to get the right Brands to work with her and her small fashion company.

Breaking into the fashion industry has always been her dream. And now, that dream is closer to reality than it's ever been.

She just needs this one last push.

"First stop, the OA x Chanel collection launch. Next stop, Paris fashion week." Yeri adds, earning a round of applause.

Jennie smiles. She hopes it would continue going up for her.

"Alright, thank you for a wonderful meeting this morning, Team. The time is ticking. Let's do the best that we can today."

"Yes Boss." Her team says in unison. She chuckles lightly to herself, waving them all a goodbye, watching them leave the meeting room one by one.

She takes a moment to compose herself the second she's all by herself. The stress of the launch is slowly starting to get to her.

It has to turn out perfect.

It has to.

It's the only way she can ever prove to her that she can make it on her own.

She lets out a sigh. "Time to work, Jen." she says to herself. "The time's ticking."

Speaking of time—

Jennie glances down, the small digital prints peaking from her sleeves.

She bites her lip, slowly pushing her sleeves up, revealing the tattooed timer on her forearm.

00 days 14 hours 01 minutes, 23 seconds

It's happening today.

She scoffs, trying her best to ignore the way her heart skipped a beat at the sudden realisation.

She's not excited. Not even the slightest.

She groans, smacking her hand against her forehead. Why does it have to happen today? Why now, when she's so busy with the launch? In fact, why does it even have to happen at all?

She glares at the dreadful timer on her arm.

Everyone's born with one. They're all set with different times, all counting down to the day that they meet their person.

Their soulmate.

And once they meet, their timers will restart, syncing together as they finally start their lives together.

It's all a load of bull.

She's never once believed in it. Because it's not true. And sure, she's heard her own fair share of success stories, but still, she refuses to conform to this fairytale fantasy.

She's far above that.

Jennie roughly pulls her sleeve down, hiding the timer.