"Echoes of Silence: Cricket, Love, and Unanswered Calls"

As the airplane engines roared to life, Shubman's mind echoed with the deafening silence of Ishan's absence. The departure had left an unsettling void, accentuated by the absence of a call or even a message. The bitterness of not hearing from Ishan gnawed at Shubman's thoughts, a silent lament in the cacophony of his emotions.

"Ishan, where are you?" he whispered to himself, a soft plea for connection that hung in the air, unheard by the miles that separated them.

The cricket field awaited Shubman, and as he geared up for a practice match, the weight of Ishan's silence lingered. The words of his teammates, Rohit and Rahul, barely registered as he grappled with the unspoken hurt.

Rohit, noticing Shubman's distracted state, admonished, "Shubman, stop daydreaming and do proper batting." Rahul, ever the jester, chimed in, "He must be missing Sara Tendulkar."

An irritated retort escaped Shubman, "Bhaiya, what kind of nonsense are you talking?" The playful banter served as a temporary diversion from his internal turmoil.

Rohit, the captain and mentor, intervened sternly, "Both of you stop blabbering nonsense and concentrate on the match." The reminder of the upcoming game snapped Shubman back to the reality of the cricket field.

The match loomed large, and with it, the need for focus intensified. Shubman knew the significance of the upcoming fixture for both himself and the team. It was a pivotal moment that required his undivided attention, pushing aside the intrusive thoughts that threatened to undermine his performance.

"Ishan, this is crucial. I need to focus," Shubman whispered to himself, a self-assurance born out of determination. With every stride to the crease, he shed the weight of uncertainty, channeling his energy into the game that demanded his expertise.

As the first ball hurtled towards him, Shubman's mind cleared. The cricket field became his sanctuary, a place where the echo of Ishan's silence was drowned by the rhythmic thud of bat meeting ball. With each stroke, he carved a space for concentration, dismissing the unwarranted thoughts that sought to intrude.

The spectators' cheers and the camaraderie with his teammates became a rallying force. Shubman, caught in the current of the game, found solace in the familiar rhythm of cricket, a rhythm that drowned the echoes of unanswered questions.

In the aftermath of the match, the exhaustion was both physical and emotional. As the sun dipped below the horizon, Shubman stood at the edge of the field, contemplating the intricacies of his life. The unsent message from Ishan lingered in his mind, a bridge left untraveled.