Chapter 4

One day, Mehr was called by the Dean.

" May I come in, Sir? "

" Yes. "

" Mehr, I need to talk to you about the hostel situation. "

" Yes, Sir. "

" I am sorry but I cannot continue the condition offered by your guardian. A girl is left and all rooms are filled except that there is still a space in your room. "

" But sir... "

" I understand the inconvenience. But... "

" I am sorry Sir. But I cannot agree with this. I am sorry again. "

With that, Mehr walked out only to stop by a well builded man.

" Excuse me, please... " She whispered and looked at him.

" You?! " Miran smiled and said,

" Yes. It's me. "

" Hi, Mehr. " Alfaiza said coming towards her.

" What a coincidence! The room that's empty is yours. We can both stay together... If you agree... " Alfaiza said and that's when Mehr completed the puzzle in her mind.

" So, you are her brother. " Mehr said. Miran nodded.

" Listen, I have an important meeting in US. She wants to live alone in the apartment outside the campus as it's far from our mansion. But it's unsafe. Please accept her as your roommate. Just for few days. I know you both are close friends by now, so, please... " Miran requested her for minutes when Mehr replied,

" Okay, I accept her as my roommate. And not just for few days, but for the whole internship period. "

" Yesss!!! " Alfaiza hugged Mehr in excitement and Miran smiled.

" Thank you. And when I return, I'll take you both out to celebrate. "

" Yayyayy " They both high five and smiled widely.

*****

The past days passed soon.

" I cannot believe 6 weeks passed by so soon. Literally, I am saying spending time with you was so fun. I never missed, Bhai. "

" Stop exaggerating, Alfaiza. " Mehr replied while playfully slapping her shoulder.

" No... It's true. "

Alfaiza and Mehr were getting ready to spend their three day holiday with Miran in their farm house.

But Miran had another plans.

" Thank you so much Sir. " Miran hang up the call and saw Alfaiza and Mehr walking towards them. Mehr was bring her trolly bag with her.

" Let me help you... " Miran offered help but Mehr refused.

" I can carry that. Just open the backdoor. "

" I said na let me help. " Miran insisted in helping and took hold of the bag by placing his palm over hers.
Mehr looked at him in shock. While Alfaiza was suspicious of the scene that just happened in front of her eyes.

" Bhai, you never carried my bag. And now you are ready to carry her bag even though she can carry it herself. " Alfaiza complaint. Zemad joined and agreed with Alfaiza.

Miran just ignored them. But now, Mehr was curious to know the matter and was excited if her guess was right. Mehr looked at Miran.

" I know what's the matter. "

" Very good. That's the benefit of keep studying... " Miran patted Alfaiza's shoulder. This made Mehr giggle and Miran smiled widely.

" Bhai, you like her... Don't you? " Alfaiza asked which made Mehr shocked. With widen eyes and slight open mouth, she looked at Miran.

' So, my guess was right?' Mehr asked herself but waited for Miran to say.

" No. It's not like that... " His words broke her heart.

" And now get in the car or I'll leave alone. " With that they all sat in the SUV and Zemad drove them towards the fun city. A place built like Disney park but with comparatively less playing equipments.

" Let's enjoy the rides and then eat or else we will vomit. " Miran said and other nodded. Miran nodded the silent Mehr walking lifelessly.

Miran knew how to make her mood back to happy. He did saw her expressions change when he refused to have feelings for her. But internally, he know, that was definitely not the case.

They took rides from different swings and other adventures when they came across the round about adventure. The Disco Pang Pang wheel. Miran saw that and said,

" Let's ride this one. "

" No, I don't want to. " Alfaiza denied.

" Mehr come with me. " Miran took hold of her wrist and they both entered the ride.
Zemad and Alfaiza saw them from afar in shock.

" What just happened? " Alfaiza asked.

" I don't know... " Zemad shrugged.

" I wish Bhai really like her. "

" Why so? " Zemad asked while looking at her.

" Because she is very good person. Bhai's life will change. She is better than Amaira. "

" I don't think he can forget Amaira... Ever... " Zemad smiled and looked at the couple in front of them.

" He will... " Alfaiza said as saw something she couldn't believe for a second.

The ride started and so did the jumps. And that's when Mehr who sat away from Miran, jumped and sat on his lap.

The closeness. The raised heart beats.
Their breaths hitched. The lips parted.

" Mehr " Miran whispered while holding her from her waist preventing her from falling away.

Mehr looked at him and the jump made them closer that their noses touched.

" Miran " She whispered.

" Alfaiza was right. I like you. I think I fell in love with you at the first sight. " Miran confessed and Mehr was shocked with sudden confession. Mehr gulped and tried to free herself but the ride was not letting her go away from Miran.
Miran held her in his tight yet soft hold.

" I know it's sudden... But please think before you make any decision... " Mehr kept looking at his eyes. His brown shiny eyes.

" Also, you don't need to stay at hostel anymore. Stay with us. "

" Huh? " Mehr asked in confusion and what was more shocking that he withdrew the money and sent into her account vacating the room and all her items in their new apartment near the campus and also near to her Khala's house.

And what happened next shocked Miran too as Mehr laid in his arms unconsciousness.

" Mehr " Miran called her name while patting her cheeks.

" Mehr "

" MEHR!!!  "

*****    *****    *****