𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖

"¿sǝssǝuʞɐǝʍ ɟo ʇɹos ǝɯos lɐǝɔuoɔ oʇ sʇdɯǝʇʇɐ ʇnq sǝıl ǝɹɐ ʇɐɥM"
— The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes

"¿sǝssǝuʞɐǝʍ ɟo ʇɹos ǝɯos lɐǝɔuoɔ oʇ sʇdɯǝʇʇɐ ʇnq sǝıl ǝɹɐ ʇɐɥM"— The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes

S  L  O  A  N/meaning/1) fighter, warrior 2) a young person, especially a woman, from a rich upper-class background

S  L  O  A  N
/meaning/
1) fighter, warrior
2) a young person, especially a woman, from a rich upper-class background

✧˖ °🐚✩°。⋆

"S-sir -" tall man approached the older white-haired male from behind. Had waited for a moment, before the president graced him with his heavy horrifying glare.

How dare a peacekeeper interrupt him in the middle of his speech. He had yet to speak to District Four, before the lottery, so he better have a valid reason. Otherwise, he might not see tomorrow.

"We've found her," huge lump in peacekeeper's throat only grew twice the size, after saying those words.

"Then what are you waiting for?" President Snow pulled his brows together. "Bring her in!"

Drops of sweat were falling down the younger's man face, as he started to shiver. His eyes grew bigger the moment they accidentally landed on the big screen. Suddenly, breathing became an extinct activity.

Snow turned instantly. His jaw fell down on the ground, shattering into million pieces. Words had failed him.

"I volunteer as a tribute!"

The audience gave a surprise murmur at the soft female voice. No one in the right state of mind would do something this insane.

The girl dragged a few long steps towards the scene. People in the audience began shushing each other. The murmur faded in the echo of hollow breeze.

Sea breeze ruffled the girl's white as snow hair, as she took the microphone in her hands. Someone asked her name, but she wasn't even sure what was happening. She had absolutely no idea what she was getting herself into. Instead, she just locked her pale blue eyes with worried sea green ones. Cold air painted her fair cheeks rosy pink.