𝟎𝟎𝟏. shut the fuck up

one, shut the fuck upreal life, present

real life, present

The familiar smell of salt air wafts through the open car windows as Khabir Gilmore drives down the streets of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. 

This year was different to all the past summers, with Priya Gilmore, now manager of the Boston Celtics, moving all around the country it was hard to find a weekend where the two families could just sit down and catch up. 

Which is why it was just the kids staying at the beach house.

Tamia slurps obnoxiously on her almost-empty milkshake whilst adjusting the glasses that rest on the bridge of her nose.

"Tami if you don't stop that right now I will genuinely drive off a bridge."

Ivory giggles quietly from the backseat before returning to gazing out her window. After what felt like years of Tamia and Khabir squabbling, they finally pulled into the oversized driveway of the magnificent beach house.

"You do not understand how much of an adrenaline rush I just got," Ivory squeals, stepping out of the car and stretching her limbs.

"Khabir! Tamia! Ivy!" Matthew Sturniolo yells as he bolts down the porch steps and tackles Tamia into a big hug before moving on to Khabir and then Ivory.

Nick hops down the stairs and runs over to his best friends, giving each of them a warm, bear hug. 

"I am so glad we don't have parents this year!"

Khabir chuckles, playfully punching the boy's shoulder.

"OH EM GEE! Ivory! My B-F-F! I've missed you so bad!" Ivory only sighs and rolls her eyes at the recognizable voice then turns away.

Her ignorance doesn't last long before she is scooped up and hugged way too tightly.

"Let me go, and please shut the fuck up."

Christopher smiles sarcastically, reaching out his hand to pinch her cheek which she quickly smacks away. "Aww, you haven't changed!"

"Chris you act like you only see me in summer. We're neighbours for God's sake!"

The boy childishly pokes his tongue out before helping Khabir and Matt transport the bags inside the house. The inside of the house looked the same as last summer, and the summers before that, except this time it was a complete and utter mess.

"Fuck, we're living with pigs," Tamia jokes as she kicks aside an empty container of Chinese food. "Seriously guys?"

The Sturniolo boys stand sheepishly in the doorway before scattering to collect all their rubbish off the floors, having arrived two days before the Gilmores. One thing about Tamia is that when the moms weren't there, she was practically always in mom mode.