𝟎𝟎𝟐. can i help you?

two, can i help you?real life, present

real life, present

Tamia and Ivory sat out on the pool chairs, bathing in the warm sunlight. It was midday in Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and the four boys had promised the girls that they would buy the ingredients for dinner that night.

Of course, Tamia didn't have faith that the four would pull through based on how easily distracted they all get.

"We're back!" Nick yells out through the house, hoarding bags of groceries.

Tamia chucks her t-shirt over her bikini and makes her way inside to help bring the groceries in, leaving her sleepy sister to bathe in the sun. Ivory's sleep is cut short when she hears the door slide back open and the voices of her brother and sister having some stupid argument in the kitchen.

She sighs out loud but continues to tan her naturally brown body. A loud splash cuts off her short-lived peacefulness. Ivory huffs as her sun-drying towel is once again drenched. She glances at the pool in front of her, waiting for the culprit to rise out of the water.

"Christopher. Why am I not surprised?" Ivory scoffs in annoyance, standing over the boy who is attempting to swim breaststroke.

It only aggravates Ivory a little more when the boy acts like she didn't just speak to him. She stares at him for a couple more seconds before darting off to grab a pool floatie. Ivory lays over the long, pink, transparent, buoyant device and wiggles her feet in the water.

"Oh, hello, Ivory," Chris dramatically seethes as he lifts his head out of the water, and shakes his hair out of his eyes.

"Christ, you may as well bark when you do that. Fucking dog." Ivory mutters the last words under her breath.

It doesn't take long before Chris begins to bark like a dog. Ivory gives up, sick of him already, and rolls off the floatie, submerging herself under the water.

Finally, she is able to have the peace and quiet she wished for earlier. The only sound that floats through her ears is the soft hum of the pool filter and the muffle splashes of the boy above her in the water.

Once again, her peace and quiet are cut short when she feels hands wrap around her body and pull her to the surface.

"Oh, damn it. You're alive," Chris shoots the girl a sad look, masking his earlier worry that she had drowned underwater.

"For fucks sake. Seriously?"

Chris grins widely at her before splashing her with all the strength in his body. Ivory screams and ducks under the cool liquid. The moment she resurfaces, she begins to fight back. However, her fight may have been a little advantaged because she manages to climb onto the boy's back and drags him underwater with her.