Prologue

Y/n POV

Clang, bang!

I stared at the iron bars that shut mercilessly with blank eyes. The eyes beyond the bars flashed with contempt.

"How dare you attempt to poison the lady. You won't leave this prison alive, you despicable ingrate who doesn't even know gratitude."

The guard who brought me here, Albert, spat as he spoke. Fortunately, he didn't actually spit, but it was clear that things would go as he said. If it were concluded that I had indeed attempted the poisoning, I would never leave this prison alive. I was nothing but an ordinary servant who was an orphan from the temple and could disappear at any time.

"Albert, Albert! Please grant me one favour. Let me meet the Count!"

I shouted with all my strength, hanging onto the bars.

"I didn't mix poison in the lady's tea cup! I know who the real culprit is, so please let me meet the Count."

"Nonsense. You brought the poisoned tea leaves, so who else could it be if not you? Who are you trying to blame for the crime?"

He pointed and spat, clearly angry.

"It's not me. The real culprit is...!"

"The real culprit?"

A quiet voice cut through the air just as I was about to say the culprit's name. My tongue reflexively froze. His cold presence permeated my skin. My heartbeat grew louder and louder, pounding in my ears. The chillingly regular sound of footsteps echoed on the stone floor.

He was approaching. "Oh dear. Young master, you shouldn't have come to a place like this."

Starting from my fingertips, I was frozen and couldn't move, while the guard trembled at the sight of him. The guard's voice faded away, and only the sound of his footsteps approaching me filled my ears. As he finally stopped in front of me, I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"Young master, if you keep this up, the Count will be furious."

"It's alright, Albert. I'll explain it to Father."

"Oh dear, young master... What will you do if he scolds you severely?"

Albert didn't know what to do and just shuffled his feet, but scaramouche calmly responded. The angelic appearance he usually showed in front of people had disappeared for a long time now, and all I felt from him was the pressure and fear that made me want to shrink.

"Tell me. Who is the real culprit you know about?"

He asked me in his beautiful voice that everyone praised. I was trembling without a word. There was a small, sharp sound as our teeth clattered. Hmm. He looked at me with interest, making a sniffling noise.

"As expected, you're different."

"..."

"You knew, didn't you? Who I am, and what I've done."

"..."

"How did you know? I've been doing well to make sure no one finds out."

Rather than being angry, he seemed to find me interesting as he searched me up and down. My body involuntarily shuddered like being stabbed with a knife. The more scared I got, the deeper his smile became. I couldn't even face him, but it felt strange.

Kunikuzushi Raiden

Heir of the Raiden family

He was hailed as an angel in the world, but only I knew. It was the young master's doing that made all the recent murders and attempted murders in the area look like a joke.

I was the only one who entered this absurd horror game world.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.
TBC

I am back and I hope you like this chapter and continuing to read this series and a lot of plot twist gotta come so thank you