Chapter one

This is warning ⚠️
This story has
*gore
*Explicit content
*mention Demon
*Murder

・*:.。..。.:*・'*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*:.

Y/n POV

A few months ago I was just a normal video game player who liked to play games that looked fun, buy games and spend virtual money. After I started working, I had to focus on my professional life, so I stopped playing a lot of games. But I always liked trying out new games that came out."

However, on that day, things were different. After a tough day, I bought some alcohol that I didn't even drink on my way home, and because I was getting drunk without even drinking a few glasses, I clicked on a review for a "horror game" that I usually wouldn't even consider looking at because I'm easily scared.

"Wow, there are so many new horror games coming out."

As I scrolled down with my mouse wheel, I glanced over the game titles that filled the main page. Most of them had a dark and ominous vibe with black and red monsters and ghosts. If I were sober, I would have closed the window immediately because it would have been too scary, but because of the alcohol, it didn't seem that frightening.

Why do people play horror games unless they have a masochistic hobby? I usually couldn't understand why people enjoy such things, but it also sparked a subtle curiosity within me.

Without much effort, I clicked on reviews or scrolled down posts without paying much attention, until I paused my screen on a word that kept repeating since earlier.

"The murderer of Count Raiden"

"Hmm, isn't this the game I saw earlier? Acoms' new release...."

I crushed the empty beer can and threw it carelessly aside, and started to examine the reviews carefully once again. Acoms was known for producing works that focused on minor sentiments such as their OSTs, era backgrounds, and stories, so they always received high expectations from fans whenever a new work was released. As a result, even if they produced better works than mass-produced games flooding the market, they often received harsh criticism due to the high expectations.

I waited for its release and bought it immediately, but it's not good, it's a failure, it's disappointing... My curiosity grew as I read negative reviews.

How bad must it be if everyone's calling it a failure game?

Well, in reality, it might not be a failure game. As a matter of fact, in famous internet game communities, games that are called failure games are usually masterpieces. The more haters a game has, the better it does and the higher its sales ranking.

It's a strange rule, but it's true. A-com's works were even more like that.

"I'm curious. Should I give it a try...?"

As I said that, my hand was already pressing the payment button on A-com's website. It didn't take long for it to download and start up.

As soon as I clicked on the game, the entire screen was filled with blood-red colour. Along with the classic thunder and lightning sound, a gloomy mansion appeared.

As expected of A-com, who is known for obsessing over art details, the mansion was designed in a European style that can be seen in any movie, and it was elegantly designed. This must have cost a fortune.

As I mindlessly chewed on leftover snacks, I looked at the menu on the right.

★New Game

★Exit