Opening Day, Part 1

"Hey...you decorated yours way less than mine!" Hana complains as she looks at the self-intro I did for the website of our soon-to-be cafe. She is right - mine looks so much more bare compared to hers. I was originally going to take this place of the ground and turn it into a brand new bakery, however once Hana stumbled into my life years ago and we got together - well we decided to combine our ideas together and make a full-on cafe! She handles the drinks, I handle the baked things. She's always wanted to be able to bake the things as customers watch, and this isn't me being rude - but she most likely will explode the oven, set the place on fire, or both. So, allowing her to do the drinks like she originally wanted would not only allow her to make a customer's order real time, but also allow her to keep her mind occupied by letting her experiment on drinks, for me to try, and see if we want to add to the menu!

There's an hour left before we open, and I can already see customers bunch up outside. They're already so excited for us, our first day is going to be busier than I've ever imagined...

Though, I might aswell introduce ourselves.

First, there's me.
My name's Koubayashi Motoshinamoto, however literally everyone calls me Kou. I'm non-binary, and my (preferred) pronouns are they/them! What else can I add...oh yes, I also inherited lynx ears and a tail from way back in my family tree. It just proves that genetics from way back are still there, even if only barely. And yes, the reasoning behind that is confusing, no, I won't elaborate.

And then there's Hana.
She's genderfluid! She honestly doesn't care what pronouns I use for her, but she secretly loves it (and me) more if I use feminine pronouns on her, so that's what I'll do.
She's autistic, maybe that's why I can't trust her with the oven, but that's not the point.

Oh, wait- it's opening time now! Hopefully things go well...

-------------------------------------------------

Aaand that's chapter 1! I'll hopefully have part 2 out by the end of today, but if not definetly tommorow! I hope you end up sticking with the story until the end, I definitely have some stuff planned for it :3