i. ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴘɪɢs ғʟʏ

« Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Oɴᴇ »
Wʜᴇɴ Pɪɢs Fʟʏ

⚔︎

          THREE YEARS AGO, Viserra had escaped her mother's husband and gained a new family. And for three years, Viserra has never once heard from her father. The bastard princess now had all the family she could ever want, and yet she still felt alone. It was a loneliness that only a parent could fill. Her uncle, Viserys, had tried to give her the attention she needed, but it was hard to do when you had four other chidren and all of the realm to look after.

     Speaking of Viserys, his second eldest son was forced to the gardens by his eldest sibling's screams from her labors; accompanied by his bastard cousin. Viserra wasn't a fan of the princess's labors either. Of course, she understood the pain that came with childbirth, and how the process was done, all thanks to the queen. Aemond, however, did not. All he did know was that his half-sister was being an annoyance. "I wish she'd just pop it out already." Aemand complained, tossing the last of his stones across the surface of the pond, watching as each skip rippled across the waters surface.

     Viserra rolled her eyes at the young prince. Reluctantly, she marked her spot in her book and set it aside. "That's not how it works." She tucked some of her unruly siver-blonde hair behind her ear, before standing from the ground and dusting off her dress.

     Aemand approached her, bending over to collect her book for her. "I don't care how it works." He returned her book to her, staring slightly down at her. Though Viserra is a whole three years older, she is half a head shorter than her cousin.

     Taking her book back, Viserra shook her head. "You'll be the one to plant the seed one day, cousin. It has everything to do with you." She held her book to her chest, wrapping her arms around it, to keep it secure against her. "That is only if you ever marry, of course." The girl teased, walking past the prince.

     "If?" Aemond scoffed, quickly catching up to her. "I'm a prince. I have to marry."

     "A prince without a castle." Viserra pointed out.

     Aemond looked at her as if she had just sprouted wings. "What do you mean?" He was perplexed by her question. The Red Keep is the largest castle in Westeros.

     "Rhaenyra will be queen one day. Do you truly believe she'll let your family stay?" Viserra asked. Viserra may have only known this family for a short time, but the distaste between the queen & eldest princess was quick to present itself. Aemond was at a loss for words. He had never thought of that before. "Perhaps I'll travel to Dorne and see their water gardens." The smallest of smiles came to the young girls face. Dorne's water gardens were one of her favorite things to read about. None of her books lacked in details.

     Aemond stopped, grasping her arm to stop her as well, and turning her to face him. "You won't come with us?" To Aemond, the thought was almost worse than not knowing his own fate. Now that he knew Viserra; the only one who seemed to be on his side, who wasn't his mother, he couldn't imagine his life without her in it.

     Viserra tucked more hair behind her ear. "I have no relation to your mother. I'm not her child. She wouldn't want me around."

     "You don't know that, Viserra." Aemond defended his mother. "I'll insist you stay with us and if-"

     "We're late, Aemond." Viserra cut off her cousin, continuing their walk. It's not that she didn't want to stay with her uncle's family, it was that she knew how the queen felt about her. Alicent wasn't a fan of Viserra, there was no doubt about that. To Alicent, Viserra was a stranger who took advantage of the kings kindness, weaseling her way into the royal family. That, and how Viserra reminded her of Rhaenyra. From their similar attitude, to their quick tongue. The fact that her son was so close to Daemon's bastard concerned her.