Act I- Sonic the Visitor

WARNING: A graphic and gruesome event will transpire during Sonic's upcoming dream sequence scene. Readers' discretion is advised.

The Egg Carrier, Miles Above Acornia

Standing in a room alone away from the prying surveillance cameras Dr. J. Ivo Robotnik's tall figure was revealed to be what resembled a man in a dark cloak. The man opened his cloak up to show that he was fairly muscular and had tan skin on his face, having facial features that looked like an Overlander or human though his ears were pointed, his nose was small but slightly narrow and he had a mouth with rows of sharp canine teeth. Besides the black cloak with a high collar he sported, he wore a dark purple form-fitting suit with what looked like pastel blue crystals that served as armor pieces on his chest, waist, forearms, and calves with a red jewel in the center of his chest and green vein-like markings running down his body that faded in and out. The man also had a pastel blue crystal that protruded from his forehead like a horn and a white beard that ran down to his collarbone.

This being was a troll with a dark aura surrounding him; the Ixis Warlock, Naugus the Dark.

The scourge of the planet cackled to himself, proud of himself and his handiwork. Of course, he was referring to Metallix, the latest evolution of Dr. Robotnik's Metal Sonic infused with energy from the Master Emerald, combined with data from his other incarnations, and baptized in the corrupted Ixis Magic within a Power Ring.

It was thanks to Metallix that not only did those pesky Knothole Freedom retreat there with tails between their legs, but he managed to crush the body and shook the will of the Hero of Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Now that a fourth of the planet was against the young adventuring hedgehog, he planned to put the boy out of his misery once and for all.

The sorcerer summoned a tall mirror made out of Ixis Crystal after creating a dark violet magic circle using his hand and claw.

"It's time that I call in a favor." Naugus raspily cackled before pressing a hand on the crystal mirror.

The smooth surface of the mirror gleamed a violet-purple hue for a second. When the dark light died down, the sorcerer was met with a new sight as the mirror acted as a closed window into another realm. The world seemed to resemble bizarrely outer space, but this did not affect the sorcerer. Naugus was then greeted by what seemed to be a floating disembodied gray metallic hand facing with an open palm that had a human-like deep panned red eye in the middle of it.

"Who has contacted me from the Waking Realm?" The entity spoke, sounding monotone yet eerie enough to have a supernatural presence in their tone. "Speak now, lest you wish to invoke my wrath."

"Come now, Wizeman. Is that how you speak to a fellow god?" Naugus questioned, changing the natural rasp of his voice in favor of a lower base pitch that the hand, Wizeman, was familiar with. "...I was once the sun. With my power, I could transcend time. If I were at my peak, I would have come to Nightmare myself, for I used to be a bridge between worlds."

For a split second, the eye of Wizeman's hand widened as he asked, "That voice...! Is that you, So-"

"-Do NOT refer to me by that name! It is in my best interest to remain discreet, and I cannot afford any more information to be leaked to these disgusting mortals." Naugus stressed, resuming the naturally raspy tone that the troll's body acquired. "You never know who's eavesdropping."

"You have changed since the prior eons I've seen you. Why have you crossed over to the Domain of the Mortals? And why have you assumed such a lesser form? You should have the power to take on a better one." The hand of Wizeman questioned.