Chapter 7

Y/n was finally on the way back to their manor. So much happened in just one night. But now she was sure of it, Olivia had a vendetta against her. Aside from Felix, the others were not attracted to her. Minus Claude from the way, she is afraid he was always like that. And seeing how he had no clad in threatening others to have what he wanted she can't help but wonder if he was manipulating everyone from the start.
Looking at the handsome boy in front of her, she decided to stop going around the dreaded subject.

"_You regressed too. Am I right?"

Claude looked at her surprised before smiling happily. His face lit up as he laughed.

"_I was wondering when you would ask. The answer is yes. I'm the one who took you back in time.
_What? Why did you do that...?
_Isn't it obvious? I love you. At first, I planned to take care of you away from the world. But then I discovered that you were not my actual sister. The real one died at birth."

Y/n shuddered when he mentioned her birth. Did he feel betrayed? Is that why he killed her? She then remembered his last word before killing her. All of this was in the name of love? The young girl was now sure, Claude was obsessed with her.
The white-haired boy laughed before pulling her in his arms. Y/n stumbled against his chest, his arm sneaked around her waist pulling her nearer. She could feel his hot breath on her face.

"_So when we regressed, I thought... Since you are not my sister, doesn't it mean I can have you too? This time, I WILL marry you instead of a useless prince."

Y/n's body shook as she felt his hot breath on her face. Cupping her face, he kissed her. The young girl didn't move an itch too shocked to even process. Her eyes met with his tender eyes as his hand swooped under her neck. He pulled her in his embrace tighter making sure she couldn't get away. Lucina groaned against him before he finally let her go.

"_Don't forget it, Y/n, you are mine from the moment you came to us."

A long shiver traveled down her back as the beautiful girl looked at him. He licked his lips looking almost drunk on the feeling of her lips on hers. His hand still held her close until they arrived at the house.

Claude got out of the carriage and held his hand to her. Y/n took it shyly and got out. Her pale skin flushed under his stare before following him inside. The maids welcomed them with their parents. The young girl cringed as Claude acted like his usual self. His hand still held her hand tightly.

"_How was your time in the palace? Did you have fun?"

It was their mother who welcomed them lovingly. She cupped and kissed the two fake twins' faces. Claude smiled innocently as he looked at Y/n who smiled stiffly. It was the grand Duke who noticed the young girl's strange behavior. He came near them patting her shoulder.

"_Did something happen?
_Well... Uh..."

It was Claude who interjected as he could see her hesitate. He turned around to look at his father deep in the eyes.

"_The prince's new playmate caused a few problems. She fell into the lake and tried to pin the blame on my sister.
_A new playmate?" The grand duchess asked trying to find in her memories who it could be.
"_Yes, her name is Olivia Grandel, she became close with the prince. Although the prince cleared the misunderstanding, he ran after her instead of staying with sister."

The last part was a lie but Y/n didn't stop him as it helped her. She just avoided looking at her parents in the eyes and lowered her gaze instead. Claude took his chance over the fact that he was still seen as a child to had more.

"_Not only that, he has been playing with that girl only. He left us out most of the time always telling us not to bother them."

Both parents had a grim look on their faces as the maids looked at each other worriedly. Claude lied without blinking as he put on a wronged look. Their mother smiled tenderly taking them in her arms.

"_It's okay, mother will see what I can do. If the prince can't treat my daughter well then I can't give her to him. Royal family or not."

Y/n hugged the beautiful woman unable to keep her own emotion in her small body. She cried as if a sudden pressure was lifted from her shoulder.
The grand duchess held her letting her cry in her arms. She couldn't imagine how hurt she must have felt during that play date. The woman's eyes were filled with a need for revenge on the Baron's family. How dare they try to bully their family? Once Y/n and Claude returned to their room, she looked at her husband who looked as angry as her. Someone was dreaming too high and didn't know they couldn't touch the sun without getting burned. Just like Icare, they needed to learn the hard way not to be too daring.

"_Looks like I need to send a letter to my sister-in-law.
_Indeed, now that I think about it. I heard that Baron Grandel was going to invest in a particular mine. I think I will have a look."

And by that, he meant to buy all the mines around the area and make any business he wanted to do in the future a failure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, the queen was furious when she read the grand duchess's letter. She almost collapsed when she looked at the content, she even had to read it twice to fully grasp the situation.

Alexander was taking care of some issues when his mother's headmaid delivered a letter to him. After he read the letter, his pen fell from his hand. The grand duchess asked to break his engagement with Y/n because of the incident with Olivia. His heart was filled with despair as he was reading everything.

"_Prince Alexan...
_Out!"

Olivia opened softly the door acting weak and shy. She avoided him for a few days to let him calm down. So she hoped for him to treat her amicably as long as she apologized. But what greeted her was the prince's hateful gaze as he didn't even let her come into her office.

"_What? But I wanted to...
_Are you deaf? I SAID OUT!! Lady Grandel you are forbidden to ever set foot on the royal palace!!"

Olivia looked at him stunned. It had to be a joke, right? Seeing how she didn't move an inch, he called the guard who dragged her and threw her outside. Many nobles saw it.