Plans; Cute & Cruel

"Harona-Dono! We have finished preparing the town hall!" A hobgoblin wearing a butler's outfit said.

"Good. Are the meals prepared?" Harona replied while quickly instructing other servants.

'As competent as ever.'

----------------------------

"We have spread out evenly around the borders and in the most important parts." An ogre said while kneeling.

"I also told my tropes to tighten the security in the city!"  Gobota reported as well while not staring indecently as he usually does. Because he matured, and not out of fear of the consequences.

"Then all is good! Now let's go to welcome the envoies at the gate!" Shion told them with a huge, confident grin on her face before heading to the gate.

Sadly that confidence of hers stemmed out of ignorance and not competence, as she almost killed an elf that came earlier than the rest to ensure that everything was fine on our side. Thankfully, Diaplo stopped her and started ranting about how he's a better secretary.

'Why did I even appoint them as my secretaries?'

----------------------------------------

"HAHAHAHAHA! When they come, the elves will surely get addicted to my stall, because I, one of the true dragons, Veldora Tempest, am the person who's making these-" Before Velodra could continue, I hit him with a karate chop on top of his head.

"Ow! Why did you hit me?!" He had a tear in his eye when he said that, despite the hit not being strong enough to hurt him, and even if it was, his pain was disabled.

"Oi! Stop screaming in the middle of the street like a madman! Also, you're supposed to be our 'Secret Defense'. How are you going to be a secret if you shout out your name like that every five minutes?! Haaa... I'm starting to feel deja vu just by telling you to not shout your name..." I told him while -understandably- very annoyed at his antics.

"Do you mean Deja Wu? Anyway, Rimuru, is it me or do you seem to care about the elves visiting us more than every other event we had? Hmm..." Veldora said while holding his chin with his hand, as if in deep thought.

"Huh? What are you talking about? Why would I place special importance-"

"Ah! Is it because of that elf girl that was with you last time?" Veldora ignored what I was saying and came to a conclusion, one I was able to calmly and confidently refute.

"W-what a-a-are you t-talking a-about? I-It's n-n-not because of h-her!" I said like an expert.

"HAHAHAHA! So you love that girl, right Rimuru? You are acting just like a 'Tsundere' in the sacred texts!" Veldora, that goddamn bastard, laughed while putting his hand around my shoulder.

"Congratulations on getting a girlfriend, Rimuru!"

"S-she's not my girlfriend!!" I shouted out with my face so red you would start to doubt that I was a blue slime and not red.

《She isn't Rimuru's girlfriend!》 Raphael shouted to both his and my mind at once, sounding extremely enraged.

"S-see? E-even Raphael agrees! A-anyway, I have to go! Goodbye!" I instantly flew away, and it was when I looked back that I noticed that Raphael had put on a sound-blocking barrier.

'You're the best, Raphael!'

《Prais me more, master.》

'You are the absolute best and there isn't a better partner than- Wait a minute, since when did you start asking me to praise you? Also, why do you sound triggered every time it's related to Elmesia?' I suddenly had enlightenment and a suspicion.