Chapter 17

WARNING: This chapter contains mentions of sexual assault that may not be suitable for everyone and may be find disturbing. Please proceed with caution.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

_____

"BAKIT MO nilalagyan ng shape?"

Hindi ko pinansin ang tanong ni Azhiro na panay silip sa ginagawa ko. She's been trying to figure out what this is and for who because to be honest, I've never put so much effort into someone's food unless they're important for me.

I'm preparing a nice lunch for Detrey and I purposedly bought something to shape the food into those characters she love. I feel like a fool who's so into her by doing such thing. Nakakabaliw nga naman.

"Wonderful, isn't it?" I asked cheerfully when I showed her the lunch box with the rice shaped in different shapes. May shape ng star, circle, square, triangle, and even a dinosaur to add some life in the food.

Naguguluhan niya akong tinignan na parang gumawa ako ng bagay na hindi niya maisip na gagawin ko sa buong buhay ko. "Yeah?" She asked, confused and hesitant. "Sinong bata papakainin mo?"

I chuckled a little and shook my head. "Dearest, she's not a kid. This is for Detrey." Paglilinaw ko kaya umalis siya sa harapan ko at naupo ulit sa isang gilid.

Tinakpan ko na ang lunch box at kinuha sa oven ang niluluto kong cookies na may shapes ng ghost and zombie. I even played that game just to be able to relate and have some reference to make these cookies.

I honestly don't know what's so fascinating about the games she loves, but, those games makes her happy. I love seeing her happy.

"Huh?" She tilted her head to the side and gave me a surprised stare. "Siya lang pala bibigyan mo niyan, bakit pinaglaruan mo pa?"

Wala sa sariling napangiti ako at kinagat ang ibabang labi para hindi niya mahalata. Just the thought of her is enough make my heart flutter. What the hell, Fharis, bakit ka ngumingiti! "She loves designs on her food. Mas magana siyang kumain kapag naka-shape." I admitted. I once saw her doing it, so I did it for her to save her from doing the effort.

Kailan ko ba 'yon nakita? Ilang beses na rin, lalo na lapag rice ang kinakain niya. She even cut the steak into a dragon shape before eating the food.

"Ate Fharis, you are smitten." Nakangiwing tugon niya at umiling-iling na parang ang laki ng kasalanan na ginawa ko. "Cringe mo palang magka-gusto. Medyo creepy." Ismid niya kaya napanganga ako.

Creepy? Am I creepy?

"What?" Talagang sinabihan niya ako niyan? "I am merely doing what she likes, okay? Walang masama ro'n." I scoffed and put the lunch box in the paperbag. "It's also out of your concern. Go home." Pagpapaalis ko dahil imbes na kapatid niya ang guluhin niya ay nandito siya sa condo ko para manghusga.

"Talaga ba? Ang dami mong naging boyfriend pero hindi ka naman nag-effort ng gan'yan." She said in a matter-of-fact tone as though the heavens gave me a new life and I'm a different person now, far from whom she knew. That's such an exaggerated tone.

"She is different. Don't compare her to those guys." Nilagay ko na rin sa lalagyan ang cookies at nilagyan siya sa plato na nasa harapan niya para matikman niya. "And mind you, hindi 'yon marami." I argued.

"Sabi mo, eh."

"How's the taste?"

"Masarap." She gave me a thumbs up while chewing but her eyes remained bored and uninterested. Her eyes always reminds me of her sister, Threzmio. It is carefully molded to be intimidating. "Mai-in-love na siya sa'yo."