Chapter 2

A sleek white Maserati pulled up in front of Rosewood High School. The back door of it opened and Emma stepped out. Almost immediately paparazzi swarmed the car trying to get pictures of the famous heiress to the Stark empire. Emma grabbed her bag from the back seat and started walking towards the school. She was wearing a pair of Ray-Bans and had her emotionless mask on.

As soon as she entered the school, she took off her Ray Bans and tucked them away into her bag. People were staring at her and whispering about her. There were only 2 weeks left for her and her classmates to graduate high school. After that, most of them would be off to college. Well, except Emmie.

Emmie had managed to get in contact with SHIELD. She had applied to them and gotten enlisted for training. As soon as school ended she would start training and eventually become a SHIELD agent. Ever since she had started learning more about her powers she had been wondering how to put them to use. Sure, she could join Law Enforcement but that wouldn't put her powers to use. Her powers were meant to fight forces that normal people couldn't. Last year when Loki's army had attacked New York, Emmie had realized that humans were not the only species out there. Right then and there she had decided that she was going to be a SHIELD agent.

She made her way to her locker to grab her books for the day. As she approached her locker she realized that someone was waiting for her. A huge smile popped up on her face as she saw that it was Wyatt. He looked the same as usual. Dark hair slicked to perfection and a nice chiselled jaw. She smiled and leaned up to kiss him on the cheek but at the last second, he leaned away. Emmie's smile faltered.

"Oh," she says. "Sorry."

"Hey, do you think we can meet up later," Wyatt asked. Emma frowned. He was acting so weird.

"Yeah sure," she responded. "Did anything happen? If it's your father, I'm here to listen."

"I'll tell you later," he said and walked away.

Emma stood there feeling confused. What was going on? Wyatt was acting so weird. Was it something to do with her?

Someone was snickering from behind her and Emmie already knew who it was. She rolled her eyes and prepared herself. As she turned around she came face to face with Regina Williams. Regina was Wyatt's twin and while Wyatt looked like his father, Regina looked more like her dead mother. She was tall and blonde with black eyes. Always dressed in designer clothes and with a sneer firmly set in place. From the moment both girls had set eyes on each other they had done nothing but insult each other. Emmie, being the Stark she was, always won.

"Regina." Emma began with a serious expression on her face. "I know your life is a joke but can you laugh somewhere else? I don't feel like ruining my mood yet."

The infuriating smirk on Regina's face was replaced by a scowl. She turned her nose up at Emmie's comment.

"You know what?" Regina said. "You should do us a favour and kill yourself, Stark. The whole world will be happy."

"Favor?" Emmie questioned. "Then you should leave the school, Regina."

With that, Emma turned around and walked away. She was happy that she'd gotten the last word.

   _______________________________________

The white Masserati was smoothly sailing down the road. Emma was sitting in the backseat while the Head of Security Happy was driving her to her date. To say she was nervous was an understatement. Wyatt had been acting weird all day at school. It was now 7:30 PM.

"Happy, pull over here." She told the driver.

"You're going to meet up in a cafe right?" Happy asked as he pulled over.