4| BOOKSTORE

"There's things I wanna say to you,

But I'll just let you live,

Like if you hold me without hurting me,

You'll be the first who ever did"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

𝓐𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪

I flutter my eyes open as a groan slips from my lips. Shit. It hurts like hell. I squint my eyes and block the sunlight hitting me directly in the face. As the blur fades, I realise I'm in my bed. In my room.

What the hell happened last night ? 

I remember going to the club with Abi, dancing , drinking. Wait... drinking. My eyes widen as everything comes crashing down. Bumping into the handsome stranger. Grey eyes. Those eyes.

Oh god, why did I drink so much ?

My head snaps up as the door opens revealing Abi walking in with grocery bags. 

"Oh you're up. Good Morning Sleeping Beauty".

She says as she sits beside me.

"I should'nt have drunk that much", I huff.

"Obviously bitch. Do you know how worried I got when I didn't see you around ? Thankfully I found my brother by your side and he later dropped us home," she says crossing her arms.

I snap my head towads her and frown when her words register in my mind. Brother. 

"Brother ? What are you talking about ?"

"My brother, Darius. When I found you, wasted as hell by the way, I also saw him sitting beside you. He dropped us home but the process was exhausting," she finishes.

"What do you mean?"

"You were being such a pain in the ass. When I tried to get you up, you suddenly started running here and there screaming bloody murder, blabbering shit, then in the car you starting flirting with my brother calling him the 'grey eyed prince' and what not, which was super awkward by the way."

"Oh fuck", I cursed, while holding my head. 

Of course, now I remember. I've never really met Abi's brother before, from what I've heard, he's a billionaire and also the founder and CEO of Blackthorne Jewels, a leading multi-international company. 

"Yeah. But what intrigued me was the way he reacted"

I looked up." What do you mean ?"

"I mean Darius is pretty much indifferent  to everything in life. Nothing can really suprise that ice cube." 

 "He would have just asked someone to drop us, but he carried you, dropped us home and even sent the hangover medicine for you. That's closest to him showing any kind of emotion. I've never seen him being like that with anyone," she says.

"You're just thinking too much, maybe he wanted to help. Anyways how long was I sleeping ?", I ask as I stand up and open my closet.