••

1
You know what I'm talking about. You know the tone I'm using so that you can be comforted yet put under the right amount of pressure. The first reason you should let go is because you know you should. Deep inside of your soul you feel the force against you. You feel that voice that judges you, your conscience, you feel it realizing that you don't need to hold onto this weight you've put upon yourself anymore. Weight is only a certain amount of pounds and ounces, it's not as hard as it seems to let it go.

2
You should let go because it will only hurt you more to hang on. Whatever this thing is that you are holding onto, you are thinking about letting go of it because it's hurting you. You don't let go of something because it's beautiful. So whatever this ugly thing is that you are loathing enough to set free from your world, the reason to do it is because it hurts. Pain is something we all have, but we don't need to have it on our own terms.

3
The third reason you should let go is that you should let go because you respect yourself. You respect your life enough to stop the hurt, even if it may take away bits of pride you acquire, it will give you more pride to know you stood up to the monsters that live under your bed.

4
Reason number four to let go is that, although you don't realize it now, when you focus your intentions on something other than letting go or just the abnormality you want to secede from in general, it's beautiful. One day all of this will fade away from you, all of this suffering and it will be bright and bluer and you will see life in a new perspective.

5
The fifth reason to let go is because someone, somewhere is feeling the same exact way you do right now and they are going through the exact same thoughts feeling and actions. So I guess to sum that up is that you should let go because someone is always there to catch you, you aren't alone. And even if someone isn't going through the same thing, know that we have all been through tough things, including me, and I will fly across the world to catch you if I need to. You are worthy of being caught. Falling down isn't the answer to letting go.

6
Let go because it's stupid to keep lying to yourself. "You will be okay" you say, "you are letting go" you lie, "it just takes time", you repeat. This all might seem quite harsh, but you know it's what you need, and if you are crying or breaking to pieces in this moment of reading this, you know that it's all true and that you lie to yourself this easily. I know you do, because I used to lie to myself. The worst part of lying to yourself is that eventually you believe it.

7
The very last reason is this: what you felt was the past, what you knew was in the past, what you wanted was in the past. You are merely hanging onto these things because you don't want to lose them in case you need them later. But you don't need them. Hold onto now, the future doesn't need your baggage and neither does now. So you can either wear your rags to Paris or get some designer clothes when you get there.

I hope this will help at least one person, I hope you feel like you don't have to bear this all on your own. You aren't alone. You aren't falling, you aren't stuck in time. Go live, I promise once you stop breathing and start living, you won't even worry about the things you used to cherish.

"Not all of the people in your life are meant to stay" - Anonymous