Chapter One

-Chloe Moretz as Allison-

••Allison's POV••
It was a normal day at school, all the teasing and name calling had gone as normal and I was now sitting in Language class. I was zoning out again when my friend Logan poked my side, making me jump out of my haze. "Ow," I yelped "what was that for" I whisper yelled, causing a few heads to turn our way. "Mrs. Cochran was just starting to tell us about a project, I thought you would like to hear." He whispered back. "Oh" I dumbly replied, blushing.

"And I will choose your partners" Mrs. Cochran said at the end of her little rant.

Ah crap, this is gonna suck- nobody likes me......

"When I say your names, go and sit with your partner.
Nick and Sam; Elizabeth and Ralph; Logan and Zach; Nathan and Allison..."

Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe this, he's gonna kill me!! I'm so screwed...

That was the only thought going through my mind as Mrs. Cochran continued to read the rest of the names of my classmates. I figured Nathan wasn't going to get up and move, so I gathered my stuff up and started walking towards him. I didn't think he noticed me, so I cleared my throat to make my presence known.

"Umm, hi. I'm Allison" I said as sweetly as I could, extending my hand out towards him. "I know" he simply responded, not even bothering to look at my outstretched hand. "Oh, okay" I said as I awkwardly retracted my hand. "So.... shall we get started then." He just responded with a grunt. I grabbed the rubric, and started to read over it as he surprisingly did the same. "So you can meet me in the parking lot after school and I'll drive you to my house so we can start working." He didn't give me much room to argue or disagree as the bell rang and he stood up and walked out of the classroom.

I followed suite and grabbed my stuff, walking out of the classroom and to my locker. I saw Logan standing there and sped up. "Hey" he greeted with a smile.

"Hi" I responded.

"So how did things go with Nathan?"

"Interesting... I guess."

"Don't worry, I bet everything will work out fine."

"Yea, I guess. I just don't want to do all the work again, you know?"

"Yea, I know what you mean."

"Well let's get to class before we're late."

"Yea."

••Nathan's POV••
The teacher called out my name, pairing me with Allison. Honestly, I was kind of glad that she's my partner. She didn't seem like one of those people who judges without getting to know them

She walked over to my table and introduced herself. I simply said "I know", ignoring her hand. I gotta admit though, I give her props for not looking scared of me. She asked if we should get started and I just grunted, grabbing a rubric and reading it over.

"So you can meet me in the parking lot after school and I'll drive you to my house so we can start working." I said after a bit of silence. She looked like she was about to protest, but the bell cut her off, and I got up and walked out of the classroom.

"Hey Nathan!" My best friend, Will called out from down the hallway.

"Hey dude, what's up"

"Nothing much"

"Cool"

"Hey, I heard that you got paired up with the school nerd for a project by Cochran. Is that true?"

"Yeah man"

"Oh, sorry about that"

"Actually, she doesn't seem that bad"

"Dude, don't tell me you're gonna try and make her your friend, please."

"No way! She's still a nerd"

"Good. Hey, I'll catch you later. I'm gonna go meet up with the boys and skip the rest of the day, you wanna join?"

"Ahh no thanks dude. Maybe another time."

"Alright. Catch you later, man."

"See ya."

••Allison's POV••

-lunch-

"Hey Logan, hey Chloe"

"Hey" they responded in unison.

"What did I miss"

"Nothing, we're just talking about our partners in Language." Logan responded.

"Yea I heard you got Nathan!" Chloe screamed.

Oh god, here we go.

"Yea, I don't see the big deal about it....." I trailed off, picking at my food.

"Big deal?! You don't get the big deal?! He's Nathan fucking Miller!! One of the most popular guys in the school!"

"I know. Look can we not talk about this please?"

"Fine. But I want details soon."

"Deal."

-After school-

I've been sitting on a bench beside the parking lot for about 20 minutes, waiting for Nathan. I have about a million thoughts running through my head at the moment.

Maybe he forgot and already left.

Maybe he ditched me to hang out with friends.

Maybe he just wanted to see if I would actually come.

Maybe he changed his mind about being seen with me.

Maybe he-

My train of thoughts are cut off by a black jeep pulling up next to me.

"Get in" Nathan commanded.

"Sir, yes sir" I muttered under my breath.

"What was that"

"Nothing, captain"

"Feisty, I see" he responded with a smirk.

"Get in, we need to get started. I have things to do."

I got in and got ready for a very long and awkward period of time.

After about 25 minutes we pulled up to a house.

"Holy shit" I said

"Welcome to my house"

_/(•.•)\_ _/(•.•)\_ _/(•.•)\_

Author's Note

Hi people!! This is my first book that I actually have gotten this far with. I've never actually written a good book, but I do read a lot of these, so I know most people don't actually like to read these so I'll try to keep it short. I would just like to thank you for reading my book, it means a lot to me. I hope to update pretty often too, but please don't pressure me. I love you all lots, and thank you again!!

✖️✖️ And please comment what you think✖️✖️

~~ Kamryn~~