Chapter 1: The Trouble With Secrets

Olive's POV

I sighed as I slid down the wall of the bathroom. My transformation disappeared in a flash of pink light and Tikki flew out of my stunning red sequin hair clip. I groaned and buried my face in my knees as Tikki came to rest on top of my head.

"Phew, that was too close for comfort, he could've figured out who you were!" Tikki said as she landed to rest on my knee.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Tell me about it," I muttered under my breath as Tikki flew up in frunt of my face.

"I know Tikki," I replied, sighing and resting my head on top of my knees. "Otto is my partner and I can't even tell him that I'm Ladybug, it's killing me inside!" I muttered quietly as I put my head in my hands. Tikki sighed and patted my head comfortingly and gave me a knowing look.

"I know Olive, but you know why you must keep your identity a secret. Don't worry so much. He'll understand, I know he will," Tikki said, smiling at me as she patted my head and flew up to my face.

"Being both Ladybug and being agent Olive is really tough, I can't even tell my partner who I really am. This beats me up every day!" I said, my voice was muffled as I raised my head from my knees as I stared up at Tikki. The kwami gave me a gentle smile as she came to rest on top of my head. I smiled in return and the little ladybug started to play with my hair.

"You are the chosen one, Olive, it will all work out, trust me. Everyone has a past they can learn from." Tikki explained as she continued playing with some loose strands of my hair that had come loose from my ponytail. I sighed softly and smiled up at my kwami, who smiled sweetly back up at me.

Yes, I'm a superhero. I'm Ladybug a hero of the town! YAY! But I'm also just a simple girl who works at Odd Squad, the girl who has a partner that she's been lying to since they met. Hey! I didn't lie about everything. I just lied about who I am as in I'm Olive, not Ladybug! Besides it's not even lying it's just... not telling the whole truth, oh! Who am I kidding!

"Olive, trust me! You are the chosen one! I understand how you feel. But you know what will happen. You can't tell Otto your Ladybug! It will ruin you!" Tikki brushes a lock of my dark hair behind my ear.

I sighed then I remembered something!

Oh No!

"Oh crumpets! I forgot I'm suppose to be helping Otto with the documents and stuff!" I cried, scrambling to my feet and fixing my hair, which had come loose from my ponytail and was falling in front of my eyes.

"Come on Tikki! Let's go! There's no time to loose!" I say and Tikki flies into my pocket as I ran to meet up with Otto wherever he was.

"Sorry I'm late," I say as I took a seat next to my partner, who just nodded and stared at me with a strange look on his face. "What?" I ask, "Is there something on my face?" I asked, blinking and patting my hair back down. Otto just laughs and shakes his head.

"Where did you run off to? And what took you so long to get here?"

I shifted nervously under Otto's unwavering gaze.

"I'm super sorry for that. I had to, er, um, do something for um Ms. O! Heh, I'm really sorry Otto!" I nervously smiled hoping he would believe my ridiculous unbelievable story.

"It's fine Olive, I was just curious," Otto told me with a soft smile on his face.

I sighed softly and gave him a tight smile in response.

"You wanna know somethin?" I asked and he nodded and I held back a giggle as I gave my response, "You're strange sometimes, you kinda remind me a bit of my old partner." I remarked and he stopped what he was doing and stared up at me with a confused look on his face.