Chapter 2: The Return of Agent 43

Olive's POV

The next morning I awoke early and brushed my teeth and hair. However, I didn't feel like putting up in a ponytail so I just left it down. Once that was taken care of, I then made way down-stares to eat a quick breakfast with my parents before I had to leave.

And yet again, just like yesterday morning, I once again ran headfirst into Otto. When I looked up I had to stop myself from laughing at the look on his face. I could faintly hear Tikki's muffled giggles from where she hid in my hair but Otto didn't seem to notice. Thank StarClan.

"Wow! You've never scene my hair down before?" I asked him after I had finally stopped laughing.

I tilted my head in confusion and Otto spoke up after a moment of awkward silence.

"Nope, you usually ware it up in a ponytail, why the change?" I sighed softly and gave him a sheepish grin and replied back with a cheeky grin on my face.

"I didn't feel like putting it up this morning," I said bluntly while rolling my eyes and staring at him with that same cheeky grin still plastered on my face.

I then continued with a serious and somewhat mischievous look on my face. "Lets go already!" And with that, I pulled my partner along, laughing at his confused expression as we entered headcounters.

"Hi Ms. O! What's the odd case for today?" I asked her once Otto and I had entered her office. I found myself once again holding back giggles as Ms. O stared at me.

"I haven't sceen you with your hair down ever since he was kicked off of the squad," I averted my gaze and stared down at my shoes in response to her statement. "Please don't bring him up Ms. O," I said quietly.

Ms. O's POV

I usually don't get surprised by anything, but seeing Olive with her hair down was something that I wasn't expecting to see. The last time she had her hair down was when Agent Tod had returned and had caused the pienado to set off. "Well lets just say the gum incident again," they both groaned in annoyance and I motioned for them to get going. I understand why they are annoyed. But little did any of us know that this was the day that Agent Tod would return.

About an hour or so later Olive and Otto came running into the room looking as if they had just scene a ghost. After they had caught their breath, Olive was the first one to speak. She was also looking around as if expecting something to jump out of nowhere and attack her. She also looked like she would freak out at any moment. "Ms. O, Agent 43 is back!" She almost shouted. However, a few seconds later she covered her mouth while mumbling an apology for yelling. I didn't care at the moment though as I stared at her in horror.

"Sorry guys, I went and grabbed these marbles from the lab and-" Oscer started to say, but I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"Agent Tod is back!" At those words he dropped the box of marbles in shock. "And you better warn the rest of the squad too!" He nodded and raced out of the room to warn the others.

"Agent Tod is back!" He shouted and pretty soon we could hear the sound numerous things clattering to the floor like glass and many other various items crashing loudly to the floor.

Olive's POV

I munched on a cookie as I sat in my room drawing in my sketchbook. I was drawing a picture of the new fox superhero, Huli Jing. She was a shy fox, but she sure can be sassy, blunt, and head on when she puts her mind too it.

"I know who Huli is," I almost dropped my pen in surprise as I looked up at my kwami with wide and disbelieving eyes.

"Wait what? But how?" I asked her, still shocked at what my kwami had just said.

Tikki expression grew sad as she continued speaking. "She was the Ladybug before you, but... I rushed her and in my eagerness to see a Ladybug in action, I failed to realize that she was unsure and needed to be given encouragement." The little ladybug explained, staring down at the picture of Huli... or better known as Marinette Dupian-Cheng.

In hindsight, Tikki could admit that, pressed and nervous about poor Nooroo, she had rushed Marinette: eager to see a ladybug active and on the move, restoring order as a ladybug should. Maybe she had come on too strong? Maybe she should have been more encouraging, more inspiring. But Tikki had known, the instant she'd felt her, that Marinette was a Ladybug- one who promised to be amazing if only she would let herself be.

"So Huli was the Ladybug before me?" I asked my kwami. Tikki nodded and flew up to my face. I sighed and looked down at the picture of the fox hero.

Tikki patted my head and nuzzled up against my cheek as she spoke up, "yes, yes she was. But she's a fox now, as much as I don't like it, Mari- I mean- Huli- isn't willing to become Ladybug again," the little ladybug sighed and floated over to my desk and grabbed a cookie.

I looked up from my drawing and blinked up at Tikki. "Who did you mean to say? I mean, you were saying a different name other then Huli," I explained, puting my sketch book on top of the desk as Tikki came to sit on said desk.

Tikki swallowed the rest of her cookie as she stared at me with her calm gaze. She floated down to my sketchbook and she pointed with a paw to the picture and then looked back up at me. "Well her real name is Marinette, Marinette Dupian-Cheng, she's Huli Jing. She's also the one who gave up the ladybug earrings," Tikki quietly explained, staring up at me as her blue eyes lmet my brown ones. I nodded in understanding as I turned to a new page and I started to draw a picture of a a cat with with violet-black fur, red-brown eyes and a gold crescent moon on its forehead.

"What's your favorite animal Olive?" I blinked In surprise looked up at Tikki, who was staring at me with a curious expression on her face. I smiled and gave her my answer, "I have to say my favorite animal has to be either a cat or a fox," I replied with a soft smile forming g on my face. Tikki smiled and gave a thoughtful look as she looked up and floated to stare outside of my bedroom window.

"Are you ok Tikki?" I asked, blinking and staring at the little ladybug as she continued to stare out the window.

The little kwami blinked and turned her gaze away from the window to look up at me.

"Who me? Yes, yes, I'm fine. No need to worry Olive," she replied with a small smile and a roll of her eyes. I giggled softly as Tikki flew up and hugged my cheek. I smiled and placed a small kiss on the top of the little kwami's head.