3••

I wake up the next morning at 11 a.m. & look at my phone. I have a couple texts from Luke & a missed call from my mother. I want to answer Luke, but when you get a missed call from your mother, you'd better call her back asap.

I dial my mom's number & it rings three times before she picks up. "Hey, sorry I missed your call. I was asleep. What's up?"

"Nothing too important. I just wanted to talk to you about last night and say you're welcome."

"For what?" I ask, confused.

"I told you "If anything, you & Luke will just get closer." You're welcome."

I laugh & blush a little. "Thanks, mom."

"I could tell by the way he looked at you, he wanted you. Also the way he grabbed your waist? I'm surprised he even dared to do that. I mean, you've only known each other for what, a week? He's got some guts."

"Yeah I mean, I guess he was just trying to make us look like a real couple."

"Well you are a couple now, right?" She asks.

I laugh again, "Yes, mom. We're a couple now. Well actually since last night. He asked me to be his girlfriend on the way to his house."

"Oh, yay! I'm so glad you two hit it off. You really look perfect for each other. I hope he treats you right . . ."

"He will mom. He's not like any other guy I've met. And I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. He's always nice to me & treats me like I'm a real person." I say, smiling to myself.

"Well that's good to hear! I really do like him though. He's a very nice, polite boy. He can come over whenever he wants to."

"Thanks, mom." I say.

"By the way, I'm working late tonight so you can order pizza if you want. I left a twenty on the kitchen counter, that should be enough. Love you!"

"Love you too, mom." I hang up and go downstairs to the kitchen. When I see the twenty I put it in my pocket & then look at my texts from Luke. There's one he sent me last night when I fell asleep, & one from earlier this morning.

The one from last night read: I had so much fun tonight. I'm really glad you said yes to being my girlfriend too :-)

The one from this morning read: Wake upp. I wanna come over so I can spend lots of time cuddling w/you :-)

I reply: I'm up :-) You can come over, mom even said it was cool whenever you want by the way.

Luke replied a couple minutes later: Sweet :D I'll be over in a few.

As soon as I put my phone down, I started to become super nervous. And that's weird because I never got nervous when any of my boyfriends came over. But I guess it makes sense because everything's different with Luke.

Thankfully, the house wasn't a mess so I didn't have to worry about that. Wait what if he wants breakfast? I guess I should make something for myself too. Does he even eat breakfast? I was still deciding when Luke knocked on my door.

I made my way to the door, opened it, & there he was. Still as perfect as the first day I met him. He smiled, "Hey." He said.

"Hey," I said back, also smiling. Before I could say anything else, he stepped inside & started kissing me.

He pulls away & looks at me, "How's my beautiful girlfriend this morning?"

"I'm great. Thanks for asking." I smile. We walk into the kitchen, "What about you?" I ask.