Prologue

"Are you sure this is worth it?" Hearing his words, I wasn't sure myself if it was. Doubt started to spread inside my mind. No...I can't hesitate, not after all that was lost. I looked over to him, his eyes showed fear. He wanted me to back out of it, I know he did. But I couldn't, even though I wanted to. "It's too late to question it." That was all I could say. It's all I could tell him, there was no room for sugarcoating my words, I refused to lie, to pretend...This isn't make belief, We both know that. But I suppose he didn't want to hear those words. My eyes widened as his hands gripped me by the collar of my shirt. Staring into his rageful eyes, the tears that flowed from them, so much emotion, so little time. I punched him. Forcing him to let go of me as he stumbled backward and fell. Turning back to the finite crystal. Placing my hand on it, it started to glow as the flow of time entered my mind. I cried. I don't remember how long it had been since I last felt tears...If I can recall, it was when she died. The man yelled. "No, please! You can't. Think of your brother! Think of my father! All the lives that have been lost because of this. You can stop it!" I ignored his words. My body entered the flow of time, my soul, my essence. I had to fix the loop and make it all happen again. This was the only way. My body began to shred apart, like being in a blender. I wanted to scream, to shout, to let out any sound but none came of it. Thus I opened my eyes and saw myself before a sick boy. He looked at me, smiling. "Brother?" He mistook me for him... "You grew so old, so fast." He smiled, reached for a drawing, and lifted it for me to see. "It's us!"

My eyes closed as I wrapped my hands around his throat. Tears fell on my face, the sound of what had to be done...My heart sank, but this was needed. it needed to happen for the loop to begin, it started with this boy's death. The struggling stopped, the sounds of the child were no more. But I didn't dare to open my eyes. My body began to tear apart as I was sucked back into the time flow. What was the point...I regret this. My body began to reconstruct as I entered another point in time. Looking down, I saw a boy and his father. drifting across the sea in their boat, ignorant of what was coming. my body had dropped into the sea, injecting myself with the blood of a monster. The water muted my screams of agony as I became a god. Now it was time to remove the father from the timeline.

Time, after time, after time..I had spilled so much blood, and broken so many people. I manipulated and altered the minds of some, even speaking to them. Yet in the end. Now what? I just sit on this throne and wait...Wait for him to come and repeat this stupid loop.