Chapter 4

GOBLET ROOM - THURSDAY NIGHT Dumbledore: Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection! [Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it glows red. A name comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously.]
Dumbledore: The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum! [The Durmstrang crowd cheer. Another name comes out.]
Dumbledore: The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up. Another name comes out.
Dumbledore: The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory. [Hogwarts pupils cheer as Cedric takes the stage.]
Marauders cheer.
Dumbledore: Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup! [People cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads... ]
Dumbledore: Anna Potter. Anna Potter?
"What the fuck?!" Said Remus.
"No, no, no..." said Lily.
"Come on! Can't she have one peacfull year?!" Complained Sirius.
"That suspicous guy. You think he put the name in?" Asked James. Everyobe looked at him surprised.
Hagrid: No... No.
Dumbledore: Anna Potter! [Anna gathers herself and walks up. Dumbledore gives her the paper. Voices in the crowd shout out.]
"She is underage, It's against rules." Said Lily.
Voice: She's a cheat! She's not even seventeen yet.
ROOM
[Anna is in a room with the other champions. Dumbledore bursts in and grabs Anna.]
Dumbledore: Anna! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?
Anna: No, sir.
Dumbledore: Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?
Anna: No, sir.
Dumbledore: You're absolutely sure?
"How could she not be sure?!" Said Barty.
Anna: Yes, sir.
Madame maxime: Well, of course, she is lying.
Mad-eye: The hell she is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year.
Igor: You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye.
Mad-eye: It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?
Dumbledore: That doesn't help, Alastor. Leave this to you Barty.
Barty: The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Ms. Potter has no choice, she is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion.
"Wait... You are telling me that someone else can just sign you up in deadly tournament and there is no way out?! Are you kidding me?!" Said Lily.
Anna: What do you mean no choice? You can't force me to participate! I refuse! I refuse! I refuse! And did i mention?! I REFUSE!!!
DARKENED TOWER ROOM 
Professor McGonagall: This can't go on, Albus. First the dark mark, now this?
Dumbledore: What do you suggest, Minerva?
Professor McGonagall: Put an end to it. Don't let Potter compete.
Everyone agreed with Minerva.
Dumbledore: You heard Barty the rules are clear.
"Who gives a fuck about what my father says? Stop her from competeting!" Said Barty.
Professor McGonagall: Well... the devil with Barty and his rules. And since when did you accomodate them...
"Exactly!" Said Sirius.
Snape: Master I too find it difficult to believe this mere coincidence, if we are to truly discover the meaning of these events perhaps we should for the time being let them unfold.
Professor McGonagall: Do nothing?? Offer her up as bait? Potter is a girl not a piece of meat.
"Listen to her!" Said James.
Dumbledore: I agree with Severus. Alastor, keep an eye on Anna will you?
"It's not a game! You are risking my daughter's life!" Yelled Lily.
Mad-eye: I can do that.
Dumbledore: Don't let her know though, she must be anxious enough as it is... knowing what lies ahead. Then again, we all are.
BEDROOM
[There is silence. Anna is looking sad. Rose stands up and hugs her.]
Rose: Everything's gonna be okay.
Anna: Nothing's gonna be okay. I'm going in tournament which probably kills me and everyone believes i'm a liar.
People look at her sadly.
Rose: Think about it like this. Now you know who really is on your side. People who stand by you in times like this are your real friends. If they don't want you at your worst, they don't deserve you at your best.
People smiled at them.
"I love their friendship." Said Lily.
"They remind me of us." Said Sirius to James. James nodded.
Anna: (scoffs) I should be used to it by now. I'm always on death mission and everyone turns their back on me except you, Neville and twins.
"At least, you aren't alone." Said Evan.
Rose: but in the end everything always works out.
Anna: (sight) It doesn't make it easier. Neither it guarantees that this time it won't end badly.
Rose: You trust me, right?
Anna: (confused) Of course.
Rose: Than believe me when i say you can do it. I'll help you.
Anna: (with smile) Us against the world?
Rose: (smiling) Us against the world!
Everyone smiles at them.
HOGWARTS
[A woman appears in a puff of smoke. She's well groomed and dressed colorfully.]
Rita: What a charismatic quartet. Hello!
"Not her!" Groaned Sirius.
"You know her?!" Asked Lily.
"She wrote few articles about me. She is a real bitch." Said Sirius.
[The four tri-wizard champions are stood together in a group. She walks over to them and shakes each of their hands.]
Rita: I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that, don't you? It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? what mysteries do the pretty face mask? does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely. [She takes Anna by the hand into a closet.]
"How dares she manhandle my daughter?!" Said angry James.
Rita: This is cosy.
Anna: It's a broom cupboard.
Rita: You should feel right at home then.
"How does she know?" Asked James.
"How dares she?!" Said angry Lily.
Rita: Don't mind if I use the quill, do you?
Anna: No, but I mind 30 years old woman manhandling me and throwing me in cupboard.
"That's right, pup. Don't let her get to you and get out of there!" Said Sirius.
[Rita forces a smile.]
Rita: So Anna, here you sit, a mere girl of twelve..
Anna: I'm fourteen.
Rita: ...about to compete against three students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself, but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?
"Bitch." Said Lily.
"Told you." Said Sirius.
Anna: I dunno. I haven't really thought about it.
Rita: Course you're not just any ordinary girl of twelve are you...
"Fourteen." Corrected Gryffindors and Barty.
Anna: Fourteen.
Rita: The story's legend. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?
Anna: No, I didn't enter and i refuse interview without head of my house or headmaster. Goodbye. [Anna leaves. Rita glares at her.]