Chapter 2: Origins-II

Now that the five of Sylvanora have chosen their destiny and decided to tread the paths that will lead them to their first adventure, let's have a look at another kingdom; Veridia. Situated far far away from the beautiful kingdom of Sylvanora, Veridia lies at the bottom of a valley, guarded from the harsh outsides by a greatly large mountain, or as the cultural folk call it, "The Peak Of Peace". Veridia's beauty far exceeds words of description, a kingdom situated in a valley greener than all the vegetation in Arionis, a kingdom surrounded by animals and plants breathing it's magic rich air and a kingdom at peace with its people. In Veridia we must meet our next protagonist, let's dive in to yet another tale from Arionis.

Morning had just cracked, a light brighter than any hit the bedside of an asleep Violet. She was fast asleep in dreams of paradise, in dreams of love and in dreams of calm. There she lay, her caramel skin shone brighter than the glow of the light itself, her hair; half black and half violet flowed gracefully to her shoulders, her eyes glimmered, fashioned from the finest opals in the gardens of celestial maidens, they stood out on her skin, her lips were cherry red and heart-shaped, and her heart purer than the realm of Aurelia itself; yet she did not know it. Slamming on top of her, pressing her entire body against Violet's, in jumped Anneliese, destined to rob her of a good night's sleep.
"Wake up, sleepy head!", said Anneliese while bearing her weight down Violet's back.
"What's your issue?! I'm asleep, leave me alone.", said Violet shaking her off. Just when she tried to catch sleep again,
"Not so fast, lazy!", in came a voice from the door, footsteps approached her and another body was bearing down on her back. It was Natasha's.
"Why do you people hate sleep so much?!", cried Violet as she threw her pillow at them. The pillow missed Anneliese but caught Natasha right in the eye.
"You dare?!", she said as she pointed her hands towards Violet, yes, Natasha was a mage as well.
"You dare threaten my Viole?t!", cried Anneliese jumping inbetween as she pointed her staff right at Natasha's forehead. They both glared at each other, mist filled the room as both the mages were soon about to deliver a spell that would send them flying across the room.
"Enough!", cried Violet, spreading her hands as a purple sphere spread across the room and knocked them both aback three feet. Both then stood up weary,
"nnnn.. What was that for?", said Anneliese catching her breath.
"We made a rule together; you two, no fighting.", said Violet as she proceeded to hug Annelise to her chest.
"She's right, Anna. I'm sorry.", said Natasha.
"I'm sorry too.", replied Anneliese. They all then snuggled on their cozy bed and gazed at their open roof to the bright light which would often remind them of their childhood together. A bell rang from outside the room coming from the hall, trrrrring, trrrrring.
"Breakfast time!", jumped up Violet. They all then went to the hall area of their house where Violet's mom had prepared breakfast for the three. They enjoyed egg and bacon topped with maples from the freshest of trees. While they enjoy their breakfast let's take time to learn about them.

Violet: Easily the bravest of the three, was a well known and popular teenage elf among the lands of Veridia, she had limited magic but her true strength came from those she loved, her beauty was beyond words as many would say; Anneliese: On her own she's a decent mage, with basic spells and witchcraft, but with the "Arcane Staff" she is nigh unstoppable, this staff was given to her by her father on his deathbed, her father was one of the first mages who helped put the entire Arionis together, giving his life in the process, she too is just as brave, she has fuzzy long hair, tall stature and stiff shoulders, though her magic is much weaker than her true potential as an Elemental; Natasha: A tall and powerful mage with magic purest of any kind, she controls magical mists, which she calls "mist-ical", her magic is stronger than any mage other than the elementals, she wears a dark vest and has leather gloves that reach her elbows.

"Alright, girls, finish up quickly we have school to attend as well.", spoke Violet's mom, her name was Ruby and she was skinny, short and adorable, always dressed in an apron for she kept all her valuable recipies, spells, knives and all sort in the pockets of this magic apron. "Five more minutes and we'll be done.", said Violet, who was met with a forehead kiss for a reply by her sweet mother.
"How about you girls say we skip class today? We anyway know more magic than the teachers themselves." said Natasha as soon as Violet's mom had left the room.
"We could get in a world of trouble, Anna! I'm in!", giggled Anneliese.
"Me as well!", smiled violet.
The three then packed their potions and spellbooks to head out to school after waving mum goodbye.
"So, where to?", asked Anneliese.
"I hear there's a beautiful garden at the end of our kingdom, at the foot of the Peak Of Peace. I read about it in my books, apparently it's got some really cool mythical creatures! Let's explore it!", replied an excited Natasha.
"Thoughts on where to, Violet?", asked Anneliese again.
"The garden sounds good.", replied Violet, "Plus if it's open enough we can practice magic freely without the teachers calling us witches!"
"Amen to that!", preached Anneliese.
Off they went, to the foot of the mountain. After an hour or so of journey they footed themselves on the lower arch of the Peak Of Peace, and sure enough there it was, a majestic garden populated by flying deers, Pegasus and Unicorns!
"I'm telling you, this was a great idea!", clapped Natasha, "Let's see what magic we know!", she continued as she raised her hands towards a large rock that lay still on the green grass, "Combusto-Giganta!", cried Natasha. The rock began to slowly tremble as mist rushed into its pores, and soon enough, it rushed out so fast the rock was turned to dust. "Right on! Anyone else?", said Natasha dusting the dirt off her shoulder.
Anneliese then stood up, pointed her Staff at another rock, larger than the first, "Aqus-Fiyera-Flora!". The rock cooled, then went up in flames and was finally smashed by a green vine from below.
"Ha! I got a bigger one, I win!", she said sticking her tongue out at Natasha. Elemental magic truly was amazing.
Violet stood in front of the Peak Of Peace itself, amazed by its beauty yet glaring at it with an ember in her eyes.
"Say, if I were to fetch a rock from this mountain bigger than those you've combusted, may I be crowned the champion?, asked a sly Violet.
"Are you out of your mind?! You'll bring the whole place down!", squealed the two together (they did this often).
"Relax! Only a small chunk", said Violet as she pointed her hands in the direction of the mountain. She had on bracelets, the bracelets slid off her wrist and onto her hand they went where they fused to form a clean gold blade with no hilt, just a razor sharp edge which only she knew how to hold. It was a family heirloom, this blade, her mother too had it before she taught pretty Violet how to wield it(elves often tend to have exclusive weapons possessed by no man).
"I've got a bad feeling about this.", said a scared Natasha.
"Watch how it's done, girls!", Violet screamed as she leaped at the mountain faster than a gazelle, at it's base she struck it, a clean slice as if a river must make in years. A seven foot chunk of the mountain sliced clean by her blade and dropped stone on the floor. The cut was so clean there was no dirt residue, just a hundred pounds of pure Peace rock.
"Holy shit! Ok she wins that one-", Anneliese had only started to finish until a rumbling hit the mountain which shook it to the sound of the fiercest thunder.
"Uh-oh. What's this?!" cried a confused Violet. The mountain continued to rumble, doom doom doom!
"Guys, I'm scared!", said Natasha who jumped up to hug Anneliese.
Doom doom doom! Doom doom doom! Shook the mountain more, faster, louder!
"Somebody do something!!", yelled Natasha.
The mountain stopped rumbling, as soon as it did a crack opened at the bottom, it ran up the mountain, then parallel, then down, forming a door. The cracks exploded and the chunk of rock fell over, aiming right at the three lovely women.
"Shieldus-Maxima!" cried Natasha, mist surrounded them and deflected all the rocks falling towards them. There was smoke and dust everywhere, no-one could be seen, the entire garden was covered with a layer of grit. A once green lush was now blacked by soot.
"Guys?! Anyone?! Anneliese do your smoke thing!", said Violet, she couldn't be seen but could be heard.
"Aero-cleara!", yelled Anneliese as a gust of wind carried all the soot away with it and left the three with clear vision. However, they would've been thankful for the soot for what they saw was something frightening, something that sent a chill down each one of them and a fear never known before.
There it stood, a creature so tall, so vast and so large that it best be lost in tales. All of them were scared out of their minds for they were mere grains of sand to this creature. It had risen from its years of imprisonment, assumably Violet had struck a part of the cage's opening, and now it was time for it to cut loose, for it to rage and venge it's lost time in that dark cave it was sealed in. This creature was nothing but a hulking Griffin!
"A Griffin?! You've got to be kidding me! Seriously, a Griffin?!", cried Anneliese, only words escaped her mouth for she was immobilised with fear.
Howls came from the Griffin's throat, howls that had been forgotten for centuries, yet there it stood, a legend quite literally infront of their eyes. The Griffin flapped its wings, a wingspan reaching the length of towns, as it rose upward flapping it's strong muscles. The gusts alone were enough to send the three rolling across the garden.
"Anna! Do something!", cried Violet, who was hanging onto a rock to resist it's strong winds.
But it was too late, the creature took flight, thunder clapped as it rose above the mountain and flew into the kingdom of Veridia at sound speeds.
"What happened?! What's going on?!", cried a troubled Natasha.
"We just unleashed the most feared monster of Veridia onto the kingdom.", trembled Violet.