Chapter 16: A Downhill Dispute

The two teams were now at the foot of the first hill as they ran towards each other, eyes lusted with anger. Three against five were the odds, so they split up into groups to take each other head on. Violet faught Gavin and Stephen, Emma took on Anneliese, Trent and Ann faced Natasha. A war was at the foothills of Pyrothos, at the end of the Arc, a once peaceful place was about to house a clash from two streams. The ground was open, dusty grounds as far as the eye could see, only a few rocks and a hill to North was spotted, no-one could run, or hide.
Gavin charged with his Crush in his hand as he rained it down on Violet at mach speeds. Violet elegantly jumped over it as she landed on top, she flipped backwards as she kicked Gavin in his Troll chin.
"Emalf!", yelled Stephen's voice as a blaze set loose on Violet's body. She pulled out her blade as she spun it around trying to throw off the flame. The fire died out as Violet was left panting, but the threat wasn't over. Gavin punched her in the back as she was sent flying towards Stephen.
"Steve, do it!", cried Gavin.
"Epor Lacitsym!", he cried as a yellow rope shot itself in Violet's direction, reaching for her torso. Violet, however, was not one so easy to handle, she gained consciousness mid-flight as she enchanted her hand and gripped the rope, sliding down quickly.
"Uh-oh!", cried Stephen as Violet came sliding down the rope with her leg outstretched.
Her foot made contact with the imp's face as it sent him flying far behind, dazed. Gavin was maddened as he charged towards Violet with his Crush out front. He smashed his Crush as Violet evaded the attack. She then used his Crush again as a platform, kicking it she lunged towards his head as she gripped it firmly. Gavin squealed as Violet's nails dug into his cheeks, she then chanted a spell that set an explosion near his face, knocking Gavin to the ground.
"I thought Trolls were supposed to be strong, eh?", she said as she held her blade at the Troll's throat.
"Hey, jackass! Dniw!", cried Stephen and a strong gust smashed Violet off Gavin's body. Violet fell far away on her belly as she erected herself again, a little weary.
"You're one annoying imp!", she cried as she jumped up high and rained down on Stephen, blade out in her hands.
"Not this time! Dleihs!", he cried as he surrounded himself in yellow mist. Violet's blade struck the bubble as it dug into it, she tried forcing it through so it could tear the shield apart.
"You can't stay in there forever... nnn!", she said grunting as she torqued the blade.
"Oh, I don't need to, just needed to distract you.", he said winking at her. Violet turned around in a flash as Gavin's fist grew closer. It made contact with her pretty face, sending her flying far behind. She landed with a thud as blood dripped from her forehead, a Troll's punch isn't easy to handle.
"You're going to pay for that, bitch!", she said getting up as her eyes purpled. She chanted a spell and set out a flurry of purple orbs that rained down on Gavin, he avoided them with his Troll legs as he leaped back forth. He stood in glory of his speed as he smirked, but to his vain Violet was no longer to be seen. As a shadow glides past in the night, a blade struck Gavin's leg as it cut clean through his calf, tearing it badly. Gavin squealed and hit the ground as he gripped his foot in despair. With Gavin temporarily neutralized, Violet now switched her attention to Stephen.
"As for you, you annoying imp.", she said chanting another spell that sent out a misty sword.
"Ahh! Dleihs!", he cried as he chanted a bubble again. The sword, however, was from Ruby's book, it was mighty strong. It tore right through the shield as it struck Stephen, sending him aback.
"What's the matter, chicken?", she said as she held her blade above his throat.

On the other end, Emma fought Anneliese. The two stared each other in the eye as they gazed in awe, they had never seen elementals so close together.
"A staff?", said Emma gazing at Anneliese's weapon, "You use a staff to amplify your powers? That's a little sad.", she said chuckling.
"Careful what you say, now. This staff is what will mark your tombstone after today.", Anneliese said angrily.
The two then rushed towards each other in maddened anger. Anneliese streched her staff as she sent out a strong wind towards Emma, who chanted a counter spell and avoided the gust.
"Winds? You're cute. Now, take this!", Emma said as a strong purple mist struck the ground and set itself aiming for Anneliese. Anneliese chanted a protection spell as she avoided the mist, she then sent out fires that headed for Emma. They caught Emma in her chest as she was sent aback, gripping her chest.
"What's the matter, hotshot? Scared of a little fire? Where's your elemental magic?", said Anneliese mockingly.
"I don't need elemental magic to fight you.", she said getting up as a flurry of purple projectiles left her fingertips and aimed towards Anneliese. Using her Arcane Staff, she deflected all of them elegantly as she chanted a wave of warm water towards Emma. Emma chanted a shield around herself as she resisted the waters to the best of her abilities.
"You're too stubborn to use true magic!", Anneliese cried as the waves grew stronger and warmer. Eventually the geyser broke through Emma's shield as it knocked her to the ground. Emma was incredibly powerful, but her fear of the elements always held her back. Anneliese knew she had the upper hand, she then struck her staff into the ground as a fissure ran itself tearing through the dusty rocks and aiming for Emma.
"What's this?", she cried confused as the fissure opened beneath her feet revealing a large stone that erected itself and struck her in the chest, sending her feet behind. She weakly stood up as she gasped for air, but an elemental with a staff isn't an easy foe. Anneliese once again chanted a spell as the a flame plume launched from the orb of the staff and rained down on Emma. It burnt her chest again as she was knocked to the ground, she gripped her chest in agony and cried, yet the flames didn't stop.
"What, that's all? What was with all the trash talk, then? This is your true power?", chuckled Anneliese as the flames kept Emma neutralized.
"Stop!", she cried as she chanted a bubble around herself.
"Not so fast!", cried Anneliese as the blaze grew bigger and bigger. The flames consumed the bubble and begun tearing through it as it cracked.
"Come on, Emma, think!", Emma said to herself as the flames tried cracking the bubble open. Emma knew she couldn't win head on in an elemental clash, she needed to somehow slay an elemental with ordinary magic. She scanned her perimeter as she tried looking for something to use.
"Aha!", she said as a spell left her hand, tearing through the shield it struck a big rock that stood to the left of Anneliese. The rock exploded into huge crumbs as they rained down from up above, aimed at her head. Anneliese chanted a spell and protected herself from the rocks. When she let go of the spell, the crumbled rocks left behind an air of dust in which Emma was nowhere to be seen.
"Hiding, eh? What's the matter? Scared?", Anneliese mocked.
"Hey, trash mouth! Eat this!", cried Emma's voice as she rained down on her from directly up above. When she had exploded the rocks, she seized maximum from the opportunity as she raised herself directly above Anneliese, without her noticing. Emma rained down with an enchanted fist as she made heavy and strong contact with Anneliese's jaw, knocking her down. Emma knew she couldn't let her get back on her feet, she knew she had to find a way to get rid of that staff. Emma then chanted another spell and begun levitating with gusts of purple at her boots. She aimed her hands at Anneliese and formed a mace out of purple mist as she smashed Anneliese back to the ground, coming down on her.
"Take this!", she cried repeatedly as she kept smashing, waiting for Anneliese to make a mistake.
"Enough of this! My turn!", Anneliese cried as she tried to whack Emma's head with her Staff. Little did Anneliese know, this is exactly what Emma had wished for, Emma elegantly slid under the Staff as she pulled out the sword and made a clean slice on Anneliese's forearm. Anneliese cried as she let go of the staff in pain. Emma, taking advantage of this, sent out a purple orb that struck Anneliese and sent her flying far away from her staff. Emma then approached Anneliese as her mist formed a clean purple blade which she held directly at Anneliese's eye.
"What's the matter now, darling? Can't fight without your staff?", she mocked.
"Nobody taught you staff magic, did they?", said Anneliese laughing. Emma looked at her confused, she clearly had the upper hand yet Anneliese's tone had no fear.
"The best part about staffs, hotshot, is that they come back!", Anneliese cried as she raised her arm towards the staff as it lead it's way into her hand gracefully. Emma looked in awe and confusing, she knew her plan had badly backfired. Anneliese then spun her Staff as a thunderous blow from the staff's head caught Emma right in the chin as she landed on the ground with a thud.
"Jokes on you!", she said pointing her staff at Emma. "Don't worry, I'll make this quick."