𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·"What is she doing here?" Valerian questioned, approaching both of them

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

"What is she doing here?" Valerian questioned, approaching both of them. 

"She saw me feeding, I couldn't keep it a secret any longer." Dimitri sighed, looking at Aurora.

"Wait, is this the girl that you and Stefan were fighting over?" Valerian furrowed his eyebrows. 

"S-Stefan?" Aurora asked, looking around the room, puzzled. Could it really be the same Stefan?

Meanwhile, Stefan, in all his mystery, scrambled up the stairs to avoid being seen. Dimitri shook his head and bolted up the stairs to catch up with him, after which he dragged him down. After laying her eyes on him, Aurora shook her head and groaned. "Not you, too." 

"I'm sorry." Stefan grumbled, pulling his arm out of his brother's grip. 

"I know you, I bumped into you!" She recalled, gesturing towards Valerian, who gave her a strange look. 

"That's possible. Who was I with?" Valerian hummed, looking down in thought.

 "You were with two other girls. They were blonde." Aurora replied. 

Valerian made an 'Ahh' noise, seeming to remember the moment. He could've sworn he'd seen her somewhere before, they all did. Aside from Darius, who seemed to be the most confused at this whole situation. 

"I need to sit down." Aurora huffed, rubbing her temples. She was understandably stressed out, being surrounded by potentially life-threatening vampires, three of which she had met personally, one of which she had kissed. 

She sat on one of the velvet couches, and brought her knees up to her chest. "So, you're all vampires?" 

Dimitri nodded and sat next to her. "It's okay if you need a moment. This is a lot to take in." He spoke softly, and she gave him a small smile in response. 

She lifted her gaze to Stefan, who only stood there awkwardly. "And you- I-I kissed you. You could've killed me!", She exclaimed, and paused before continuing. "But you didn't. Why?" 

"I never wanted to kill you, Aurora. You were different." He tried to explain himelf. He really couldn't explain it, though. He couldn't explain why he felt the way he did. He easily could've killed her, he had her in a vulnerable position. But it had never even crossed his mind. The same goes for Dimitri, each and every time he had caught her out there, alone, vulnerable, he could've just taken her life. 

They both easily found themselves drawn to her. Like a magnet, pulling them towards her. She didn't know it, of course, and neither did they for the most part. "So, what now?" Valerian asked, crossing his arms over his chest. 

Now, a human knew what they were. Who they were. Where they lived. It was dangerous for each party involved. "You can't tell anyone what you learned here today. You can't tell anyone you were ever here. You can't tell anyone about the existence of vampires, or else we really will have to kill you." Stefan said, with a coldness that Aurora found unfamiliar, and that sent a chill up her spine. It was never her plan to reveal their secret, and still, the threat stuck to her. 

And Stefan, who talked a big talk of threats and violence, knew he could never do that to her. Though it was completely in his capabilities, to abandon any morality or any affection he felt towards her, it wasn't even something he could imagine doing. Aurora, with her modesty, and her gentle and caring attitude towards the smallest, most defenseless of creatures, and her many unacknowledged charms, was the least threatening to the four men. 

They didn't know how much power she held, deep down. She singlehandedly had the power to tarnish their relationships with each other. To change their lives, for the better and the worst, with blistering pace. She was an unstoppable force, one that held so much mystery and affection, one that made them all reel and their heads spin. She had no idea she held these powers, that she had this effect over them. To her, she was a regular girl like any other. One with faults and flaws, and equal strengths and abilities. To them, she was everything. 

"I wouldn't even imagine telling anyone. It's not like I have many people to tell." She shook her head, and slipped in a small, self deprecating joke to distract from the way his threat unsettled her. 

Dimitri gave her a small smile and patted her knee, and Stefan nodded. "Are you guys, uh,  twins?" She asked awkwardly, desperate to escape the deafening silence surrounding the room. 

"Stefan and I are. Darius is our other brother, and Valerian isn't related to us." Dimitri responded, looking around at the men. She gave him a confused look, and he quickly caught on. "Oh, Valerian is the shorter one, Darius is the quieter one." 

Valerian was in no way short by any regular person's standards, but by their freakishly tall vampiric standards, she could tell what he meant. His height was meaningless, though. He was just as handsome as the others, but in a more modern way. In a way that would make any girl swoon, and that was proved time and time again by the sheer amount of girls he would bring home. Darius had more of a unique look, with his sullen, puppy-dog eyes and his mysterious aura. Both Valerian and Darius had shorter hair, compared to Stefan and Dimitri who appeared to have hair that reached their backs. 

They were all astoundingly beautiful, in a way that Aurora had never seen. They looked unachievable. But then again, so did she. Though she would never admit it. 

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·