𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·Aurora stirred in her sleep, rubbing her cheek, and Dimitri wrapped his arm around her waist

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

Aurora stirred in her sleep, rubbing her cheek, and Dimitri wrapped his arm around her waist. She eventually stirred herself awake and groaned. 

"Good morning, beautiful." Dimitri grinned, his voice husky. 

Aurora nearly jumped up in surprise. "Oh my- You scared me." she yawned, rubbing her eyes. 

He placed his hand on his chest dramatically, feigning guilt. "I'm so incredibly sorry."

She rolled her eyes at him and laughed lightly. She turned on her back and fidgeted with his arm as it was resting on her waist, and she looked up at him. "Did you sleep at all?" 

He shook his head and rubbed her skin with his thumb. "We don't sleep. Not like this." 

She sat up and crossed her legs, looking at him with wide eyes. "Did I keep you up? I'm sorry." 

"No, not at all. I would rather spend my time watching you than sleeping, either way." He hummed. 

She gave him a weird look and picked up her pillow, chucking it at his face. "You're so cheesy!" She exclaimed, laughing. 

He gasped loudly and threw the pillow back, causing her to fall back on the bed. She erupted in another fit of laughter, and decided to remain in that position with the pillow stuck to her face. He chuckled and brought himself closer to her, swatting the pillow away and placing a firm kiss to her lips. She kissed him back, but stopped abruptly. 

"Wait. My morning breath is probably awful." She excused herself and sat back up. He gave her a serious look, "I don't care." 

"I care. Is there a way for me to get a toothbrush and a change of clothes, maybe?" She pleaded, looking up at him. He looked down in thought, and his face lit up. 

"Yes, of course. Give me a minute." He grinned, quickly jumping out of the bed and rushing out of the room. 

"Okay!" She called out, and sat up from the bed. While he was gone, she decided to take a look around the room. It was very obvious that no one had even bothered to enter the room since their mother died. Which was understandable, of course. She wouldn't want to be reminded of her mother if she died, either. But still, despite its many years of inactivity, the room was radiant, in a way. The once bright colors weren't completely dull, almost as if there were still signs of life within these parameters. Their mother, which Aurora learned was named Malvolia, seemed to adore the colorful, cheerful things. Although it wasn't apparent in the photographs of her, which only seemed to express her permanent scowl and her gloomily clothing style. 

Perhaps there was more to her than these photographs displayed. Perhaps there was a reason for her change in behavior, or for her hiding the joyful aspects of herself. Aurora felt connected to her in a strange way. A way she never felt before. As if she were there. And Aurora and Malvolia were more similar than it would seem. After a few minutes, Dimitri re-appeared, holding a small pile of clothes and a packaged toothbrush. Aurora gasped joyously and quickly grabbed the items from him. 

"You can use my bathroom. It's just down the hall. We may want to hurry, though, so nobody sees us." Dimitri explained, handing her the last article of clothing. He paused, and took his shirt off. Her eyes widened and her face heated up. 

He handed her the shirt with a smile. "Here, this should be long enough so nobody sees anything they shouldn't see." 

She cleared her throat and nodded, trying to look away from his breathlessly toned body. She quickly removed her own shirt, trying her best to cover her bra clad breasts, and slipped his shirt over her frame. He was right, it did cover up her assets. It was a light, breathable fabric, and it ended at her mid-thighs. 

"You look more beautiful than ever." He commented, inspecting every inch of her. She smiled and rolled her eyes, grabbing his hand and walking them both into the hallway. Unfortunately, they weren't alone. 

"Woah, what happened here?" Valerian laughed, walking out of his own room. 

"Shut it, Val." Dimitri narrowed his eyes at him, and Aurora scurried to the bathroom. Valerian raised his arms in defense. 

Upon entering the bathroom, she was set aback. "Is this whole house straight out of a movie?" She muttered to herself, placing her belongings on the sink. There was a blocky, victorian looking sink, a clawfoot bathtub with golden details, and a toilet. The ceilings were tall enough to suit some very long, dark colored, privacy curtains surrounding the bathtub. Despite its rocky, brickish interior, it was relaxing. 

She looked around the drawers for toothpaste, and tilted her head. He was definitely stocked up. The drawers and cabinets were stocked full of spare hairbrushes, tubes of unopened toothpaste, bars of soap, bottles of shampoo, bottles of lotion... and lube. "Great." She said, awkwardly, and began stripping the clothes from her body, before starting a bath. She watched the warm water flow into the porcelain bathtub and bubble with the soap mixture, and she decided to treat herself. She mixed a few different scented oils and dried flowers into the water. 

She sighed happily in content and raised her leg to step into the bathtub, but before she could proceed, the door creaked open. She snapped her head towards the door and yelped in terror and surprise when Valerian appeared. She desperately covered her naked form with a towel, and looked at him incredulously. "Oh my God, get out!" She exclaimed, chucking an empty box of soap at him. He stood there in shock for a moment, before processing what had just happened. 

"What are you still doing here?!" He yelled, covering his own shirtless torso.

She yelled back, "What are you doing here in the first place?!"

"I like using Dimitri's bath, he has the good soaps!" He continued yelling, and she furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Just- take all of the soaps!" She frantically handed him the soaps with one hand, using the other hand to keep her towel shut. 

He snatched the bars from her and looked at her one last time, before reaching for the doorknob and walking away. "I've seen you shirtless more times than I would prefer!" She yelled out, shutting the door carefully, and locking it this time. She sighed and gripped the sink, letting her towel fall to the floor. 

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·