Chapter 51 - Flowers

Morgan

Anthon sat with me for hours holding me as I cried and cursed JD. After he left, I wanted to cry myself to sleep but this stupid, idiotic part of me kept wondering if maybe this meant something.

I tried to get Anthon to admit JD was a horrible person, but he just asked if maybe JD made a mistake.

It's late in the morning when I wake up to a knock at the door. My eyes feel puffy and I'm still tired. If this is JD, I might have to break his nose again.

Kat's bed is empty, as I expected. She spent the night with Brick. I almost want to ask her to come back so I don't have to be alone. And so I can talk this whole thing over with her.

I open the door, ready to fight if it's JD.

It's not.

"Are you Morgan Roberts?" A guy behind a massive bouquet of red roses asks.

"Yes." I say hesitantly.

"These are for you."

"I didn't order any flowers." He hands over the roses and I grab the vase. For a moment, I wonder if this is some dream. Maybe I'm still asleep.

"There's a card right there," he says and points.

"Thank you." I step back to close the door.

"Do you want help with the rest?"

I blink at him. "The rest?"

He gestures to the hallway and I peek out. A dozen bouquets are lined up against the wall. All different colors and flowers.

I gasp.

"All of them were to be delivered here, without the packaging. Whoever ordered them tipped well, so I don't mind helping you carry them in."

"No," I say in a faint voice. "I got it."

If I can fit them in the room.

"You have a nice day then," the delivery man gives me a nod and retreats down the hallway. Probably to get away from whatever craziness this is.

I bring the roses to my nightstand and open the card.

I fucked up.

That's all it says. There's no name, but it's not like I don't know who sent them.

I grab a lavender colored bouquet and place it on Kat's nightstand. There's another card.

I'm a fucking idiot.

I smile. Yeah. He really is. There's a card in each bouquet. The yellow one with sunflowers says: I am so sorry. He's somehow managed to get the blue bouquet to match my hair. The card says: I feel like trash for hurting you.

One by one, I bring the vases inside and open the cards.

Feel free to break my nose again if you want.

I chuckle a bit at that one. Tears are slowly rolling down my cheeks and I wipe them away.

I want to make it right.

You're all I can think of.

I am so, so sorry.

I am trash for hurting you.

Can you ever forgive me?

I'll buy you all the flowers in the world if you want.

Please forgive me.

And in the last bouquet, the card says Sorry if this is too many flowers.

I place the last vase on the floor next to the door and look out over the room. Yeah, it's too many flowers.