11. Lights off

It's pretty frustrating that I see people reading the story but not voting... okay, again, the same thing as before: If you don't vote or comment, I wouldn't know if you like my story.

Unless you are contacting me in DMs, that is a separate matter.

Considering this is fan fiction, I spend a lot of time writing dialogues not just between Meerasim but their other relationships as well.

I wanted to tie all the loose ends together. So, if you don't think a chapter with less Meerasim is worth reading, it will break my heart.

So, I might pause and wait until you've voted or commented.
I hope you all stick around as well.

But again, a reminder: Vote on previous chapters if you haven't so far.

Meerab

The next week.

Maryam was coming back from her Dubai Girls trip. Murtasim wanted to pick her up. Maa Begum, as usual, was in a meeting with the women. She had asked me to join her, but I had stalled her. I did not have the heart to help others while my relationships were still messy.

Don't get me wrong here. Murtasim and I are doing fine. We see each other at breakfast and dinner, sometimes during lunch if he is not out, and twice in his office, which is starting to grow on me.

It has a desk angled in the corner with a few couches against the wall. A few portraits of Lion hanging around. I seriously don't get his obsession with the Lions. No wonder Maa Begum calls him Sher Beta. He did ask me to change anything I disapproved of. But that's his space, and I don't want to interrupt that.

Apart from that kiss, we barely shared any intimate moments. Not that I am complaining.

Maybe I am.

Ugh. It's frustrating whenever he is present; all I can think about is his lips. Like the other day, he was sipping his tea, and I was thirsty. I had to bite my lip to distract myself from insane thoughts. My hair angled up whenever he was too close to me. His moving lips stole my attention anywhere they were.

Was I a bad kisser? Probably. No Definitely.

But I blame it on the lack of experience. I never wanted to explore this side of desires. I couldn't. Something always held me back. Yet the thoughts of Murtasim's first love hit my brain every time.

Did he have to leave her because of me? Of course, he had to. Why is it always me trying to ruin everyone's happiness?

One good thing: Haya kept her distance.

She was too quiet at the table, not meeting my gaze or giving me those deadly stares, not even approaching Murtasim for some unnecessary confession, and not even taunting me about warming his bed.

Something was wrong.

As usual, I sat in the yard. The weather was turning a bit chilly. I was lost in my thoughts when someone's hand covered my eyes. There was only one person who dared to do that.

"I missed you, Maryam."

She pulled back with a grin. "It could've been Bhai as well."

"He wouldn't do that."

"Maybe not YET." I could sense the tease in her tone. This brat thinks she knows Everything.

"How was the trip?" I asked.