22. Action

Just a heads up, I know some readers prefer immediate inmate scenes. Also, my story fails to provide that. I love exploring the foreplay of not just sex but the feelings and emotions as well. Maybe because I am a newbie writer, I prefer my characters understand themselves before entering each other's pants. Maybe in the future, I will be better than this.

Thank you for all the love you have given to Kaabil.

Love you all ❤️

Meerab

He smacked his lips, reaching for me, but I pushed him back.

In my croaked voice, I muttered, "You are not a monster. Okay. You are Murtasim Khan. My husband. I won't let you degrade yourself like that."

He took a frustrated sigh, "I kill people, Meerab. Yeah. I killed my dad. The three men died because I failed to protect them."

I shook my head. "You didn't kill anyone. Not Uncle nor your people. You protect what's yours."

"And I failed to protect them," Murtasim spat, walking back to his chair and sinking.

I followed him and kneeled in front of him, taking both of his hands. I placed them over my cheeks and peppered them with kisses. His eyes darted from my face to our joined hands. Leaning forward, he pressed his lips over my forehead.

"Murtasim, you saved me. I would've lost myself years ago if it weren't for you. Your thoughts, your presence, and your existence helped me overcome my inner turmoil."

A tear escaped from my eye, which Murtasim was quick to wipe.

Gulping, I whispered, "Don't call yourself a monster when you are anything but that. I was furious to believe the rumors rather than the actions of my man. I didn't mean to call you a monster; people say that you never showed any emotion or anything like that. However, the man I believed in was a myth. The one who deeply loved and cared for his family and people. That is you, Khan Murtasim Khan."

His breath hitched when I firmly pressed my lips to his cheeks. "I will wait for you as you have done for me. Please, don't close your doors on me."

"Yeah."

I smiled, "yeah."

We both nodded and chuckled. Silently, we gazed at each other. Murtasim's hand pushed the extra strand of hair behind my ear while I held onto his other hand.

"Meerab."

"Hmm."

"You should get up. It's giving me very inappropriate thoughts." His mischievous smile made my eye pop out of my socket.

"Murtasim!" I exclaimed and quickly stood up. "Really Murtasim. You are a jerk."

He sighed deeply. "I know what I am." His lips slightly raised.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. Murtasim was quick to catch me from behind. My back slapped against his hard chest. "Why are you running away from me?"

"I'm not," I replied in my crooked voice.

"Really?" I could visualize the tease in his voice.