III. One Bullet

In Which Sasha Breaks Her Promise!*ೃ༄ Flightless Bird  ∕  Chapter Three

*ೃ༄
Flightless Bird ∕ Chapter Three

WHEN THE MEMBERS OF THE SCOUT REGIMENT WERE GIVEN A WEEK LONG BREAK, Araminta was planning on just staying at HQ with Hange and Onyankopon to get some extra time testing their new equipment — which was fine, because Eren was also planning on stayi...

WHEN THE MEMBERS OF THE SCOUT REGIMENT WERE GIVEN A WEEK LONG BREAK, Araminta was planning on just staying at HQ with Hange and Onyankopon to get some extra time testing their new equipment — which was fine, because Eren was also planning on staying back with Armin and Mikasa.

Sasha was going home, though, and she had practically gotten down on her hands and knees to beg for Araminta to go with her.

At first, Araminta was not keen on the idea. Getting the gear ready to use was really important to her, since she was overseeing the project, and she was nervous about staying with Sasha's family. She'd met Sasha's dad once, when they had rescued a small girl from her village, and he was nice enough, but what if they really got to know her, and didn't like her?!

Parents, historically, did not like Araminta very much. It was one of the reasons she didn't have a lot of friends in Shiganshina. After she beat up Mathilda Klein for making fun of her eyes, word got around quick, and the parents in the neighborhood didn't want their children playing with someone so violent.

What if Sasha brought up the story of the time Araminta broke a table while fighting Ymir, and they decided she was too crazy and violent to be around their daughter? Okay, she knew the chances of that happening were close to zero, but not completely zero.

But, Sasha assured her that her parents were going to adore her, and she just really wanted them to meet her best friend. The sentiment was so sweet that Araminta had no choice but to give in and agree to go with her.

They spent a day on horseback, traveling from the Scouts Headquarters in Trost District to Dauper Village. It was a beautiful ride, Araminta enjoyed getting to see the beautiful countryside of Wall Rose without having to worry about a Titan jumping out at her. The whole ride, Sasha told Araminta all about her parents, and what she should expect when she meets them.