Chapter 26: Reunion

The tension in the dimly lit corridor was palpable as Yone, a blade in each hand, faced off against his former allies. The cold, vacant look in his eyes was a stark contrast to the fiery determination in theirs.

Kayn, always one to cut through the tension with his biting sarcasm, stepped forward. "Really, Yone? Letting Silco pull your strings? I always thought you were the leader of our little band. Need a reminder of who you are? Or do we need to jog your memory?"

Sett, muscles rippling, smirked as he cracked his knuckles. "You're outnumbered, old man. But if you want a dance, we'll give you one."

Yone, lost in the depths of Silco's programming, lunged forward. His blades, though used with the intent to incapacitate rather than harm, were still formidable weapons. He moved with precision, aiming to knock them off balance. But as Yone advanced with his blades, Kayn and Sett countered with the ease of long-time comrades, their movements sharp and calculated.

"Remember the late-night jams, Yone?" Kayn called out, ducking under a swift strike.

Sett grunted as he blocked another blow. "And the after-party pranks? Come on, man, snap out of it!"

Ignoring the words, Yone fought back with a fierce determination.

"Hey Yone, you still remember how to play anything other than Silco's lapdog?" Kayn taunted. "Or did you forget the good times along with your spine?"

In response, Yone turned with a swift, precise movement, slashing through Kayn's jacket and leaving a bloody cut behind.

Sett, seeing his friend injured, leapt between them, his powerful frame knocking Yone back. "Guess being a mindless drone doesn't leave much room for fun, huh?"

"Think about our first track," Kayn said, his tone more serious. "You said it was the best thing we ever did."

Sett's voice hardened. "We were more than just bandmates, Yone. We were like family. Or did Silco program that out of you?"

Yone's relentless assault began to falter, his once precise movements now clouded with hesitation. The memories, laced with Kayn's biting remarks, were breaking through Silco's programming.

Suddenly, Sett disarmed Yone with a powerful move. Kayn swiftly moved in, gripping Yone's shoulders and looking him dead in the eyes. "Remember us, Yone. Remember who you are."

Yone's twin blades clattered to the ground as he stumbled back, the weight of his actions crashing down on him. "I... I don't know what came over me," he whispered, his voice filled with remorse.

"You were under Silco's spell," Kayn said.

"I... I remember," said Yone. "But Ahri and Evelynn... they're trapped too. I don't know how to save them."

Kayn, placing a reassuring hand on Yone's shoulder, met his gaze. "We've come this far, haven't we? We'll find a way to bring them back."

Yone nodded, taking a deep breath. "You've matured since I last saw you."

With newfound determination, the group moved as one, navigating the remaining corridors of Silco's twisted facility. And as they finally stepped out into the daylight, the warmth of the sun was a stark contrast to the cold, dark depths they had just escaped from. They were battered, bruised, but most importantly, they were alive and together.

Akali withdrew her phone and booked two taxis, her mind working hard to formulate her next move. "We need to act fast. The longer we wait, the more people Silco will ensnare."

"I know," said Kayn. "As for Ahri and Evelynn... we'll find a way to bring them back. But for now, we need to focus on exposing Silco. The world needs to know the truth."

Akali sighed. "I just hope someone steps forward with a solution for them. They're safe with us for now, but they're trapped in their own minds."

Kayn placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "We'll find a way. But first, let's bring down Silco."

With that determination, they set their plan into motion.