Bittersweet

I hurriedly look for a hint of neon blue hair somewhere in the dim light when I burst into the concert hall. After I check every dark corner of the stage and the pit with my sight I run to the backstage.
No sign of him.
No, he couldn't have left just like that...

I give up after another fifteen minutes of looking for Conrad. I figure that he thought I was about to leave with Aaron, which was not the case at all. I sit in the backstage for a while, drowning myself in my own thoughts. Did I do the right thing? Aaron didn't deserve to be treated like that, he never did anything wrong. But I had to stop lying into his face and do what was best. Right? Or was I supposed to hang on just a little bit longer? Mabye my feelings for him would return...

I snap back to reality when I hear the main door open and close right after.

Who could be going here so late at night?

Quiet footsteps fill the concert hall and I hold my breath. Whoever it is, probably isn't expecting anyone to be here right now and I might be in big trouble. I slide my fingers on the fabric of the curtain, just enough for me to peek through and see a shady figure scanning the hall. I can't see into their face as they are facing the other direction, hands in pockets and a hood covering their head.

Wait. I recognize that outfit...

Before I can remember where I've seen this person, a bang on my head from behind makes me fall unconscious.