Chapter 3: Two strikes

Today is gonna be a slow day. Why, you may ask? There really is nothing to do today. I could go back to Starr Park, but I don't want to go there so many times in a short period of time that I end up burned out. I could see what my new friends are doing, but don't want to bother them. Currently, I'm sitting on the couch with my dad watching Brawl TV, both of us still in our pajamas. He's cheering on an anthropomorphic crow appropriately named Crow. I just sat there quietly, enjoying the show.

D/N: "So when are you finally gonna introduce your new friend?"

There it is. Since I came back from the park the other day, dad kept insisting I tell him who I befriended. Little does he know, since moving here, I'm making friends like it's nothing. More like they befriend me, but whatever.

Y/N: "When I feel like you're ready."

D/N: "What does that mean?"

Y/N: "That you're not ready."

I see him grumble something about a sassy child and can't help but chuckle. My answer was actually true. He's not ready to know I made six friends in three days, not counting El Primo or Stu, since those were only introductions. He would probably have a stroke of how his son, the biggest antisocial person that likes to avoid people, made friends. I would also like to know, but it's like a wise man once said. Look approachable until an extrovert takes pity of me and adopts me, or something along those lines.

D/N: "Jokes aside, I'm glad you're finally making connections. I feel like I don't tell you this enough, but I was always worried if you would ever make any friends, and I mean this in the nicest way possible."

Y/N: "Don't worry, I get what you mean. I'm also surprised it happened."

D/N: "Now it's only a matter of time till you bring home a girlfriend."

He said this in a teasing tone. Joke's on him, I am immune to parental teasing.

Y/N: "That's not funny."

D/N: "I'm serious! When I was your age, I was the biggest lady killer out there, you know?"

Y/N: "No, I don't. Please, tell me the story you have told me a dozen times over."

I said this in the most sarcastic robotic voice I could make.

D/N: "Alright, wise guy. Just don't come crawling back when you have so many girls after you, you won't know what to do."

Y/N: "Like that's ever gonna happen."

We stayed silent for a bit, only broken by my dad's cheering of certain brawlers on the TV. It's nice to relax like this after two consecutive days of going outside and talking to new people. I feel like my social battery is finally getting fully charged. Right now was a match between Janet, Frankenstein's monster and a monkey with a microphone. They were up against Bonnie, a barrel with a pirate hat and Amber.

D/N: "Is that a child?"

Y/N: "Mhm."

I responded in a calm manner, but seeing a kid go up against that purple giant with a hammer makes me really anxious. They were in a Knockout match. Basically take out the three opponents in a best out of three. Turns out range is a big factor in this, as Bonnie actually took out the big guy with ease, while Amber and the pirate barrel finished Janet and the monkey off. I cringed a bit seeing someone I know turn into purple goop or something. I have to ask how that works, sometime.

D/N: "Wow, she's pretty good."

I couldn't agree more. On the second round though, the complete opposite happened. The monkey went up against Bonnie, who stood no chance as he simply jumped over every one of her shots. Janet dealt with Amber by dropping bombs on her head, and the monster actually broke down a wall just to get to the barrel.