Arcade & Night Terror

After hours of dance practice, Hanbin cheered everyone and thanked them for their hard-work. He also worked as a dance instructor. The echo of music filled the air in the studio's mirrored walls. With patience and encouragement, he guided students through various dance styles, especially waacking and tutting. The studio was more like a community where everyone shared passion and love of dancing.

Still sensing the beat of the dance in his steps, he walked in as the door chimed. The refreshing feeling of his quick shower led him to the counter, ready for another busy day at the café. He moved swiftly among the crowd behind the counter, preparing coffee. The cafe was bustling today as well. He took control of everything while enjoying the liveliness of the day. Finally, he relaxed at the corner with a stack of books, immersing himself in them. 

The next day, Hanbin was leisurely strolling after his class, the weight of studies lifted from his shoulders for a while. He heard footsteps and noticed a familiar face walking into a classroom. Hanbin followed the person, walking in sneakily.

The brunet of course, was not observant. He unconsciously began humming a tune. Hanbin, with a mischievous grin on his face, playfully coughed to startle the boy who believed was alone.

The cough made him shiver and he gasped loudly. He then turned to Hanbin, "Oh gosh, you scared me!"

"Did I?" Hanbin said playfully in a sarcastic tone after laughter ensued. He then crossed his arms. "Why did you run away that day?" he asked.

Hao almost stuttered at the seriousness of the younger's tone and murmured "You-you were with your friends. I didn't want to bother you."

"Is that so?" Hanbin asked again but this time Hao realised the teasing tone of the younger.

To avoid responding to the question, Hao asked him, "Are you done with your classes today?"

Hanbin quickly responded, "Oh yes I am. And you? How's the teaching experience been like, so far?"

"Good" Hao replied with a gentle sigh.

"Do your students listen to you? Or do they bother you?" Hanbin asked.

"Well, they're fine, but it's not as easy as I thought" Hao added and then he began taking out papers containing music notes and exercises, organising them.

"I understand. But you got this" Hanbin remarked, "because you're Zhang Hao"

"Thanks" was all Hao could say.

After a moment of silence, they both spoke in unison. But Hao insisted, "No you go first"

Then Hanbin asked, "Have you eaten?"

"Nope, I can't eat now. I will eat after the lessons."

"Why is that?" Hanbin asked a bit confused, with a raised eyebrow.

"I can't digest well when I'm nervous."

"Are you nervous?" Hanbin asked as he scanned the older's face with a playful expression.

Hao immersed himself in organising and didn't notice the younger plotting a mischief, "Not much" after a pause Hao said "But I will be, and I came early to prepare."