Parable of the Unforgiving Servant

Can be found in Matthew 18:23-35

-disclaimer names are made up and idk how much the money is in modern times-

I was in the courtroom of King James, and I bowed before him, “yes, lord?”

“Matthew, you still owe me ten thousand talents… and to pay me that much, you're going to have to sell your wife, your children, everything!” I looked at him, shocked.

“I… King James…” I was shocked, “sell everything, sir?”

“Did I say everything?” He sighed and rubbed his forehead, muttering to himself.

“Please! I- I can pay! I just need time, and I'll get to you as fast as I can! I promise!” I fell to my knees and begged the king.

I saw compassion soften on his face and he said, “ok, ok. Yeah. It's alright, I forgive you. I forgive your debt. You may go now.”

I sighed and walked out of the palace, where I was met with one of my fellow servants.

“Um, Matthew.” He said awkwardly. I nodded, and stopped, wondering what he wanted.

“I can't pay you that hundred pence…” I was filled with rage at him.

“Can't pay?! What do you mean?” I shoved him against a wall and choked him, “you will pay me what you owe!” I snarled. I let him go and he fell on his knees.

“Please, have patience! I will get it, I just need time!” he sobbed and I scoffed.

“Caleb.” I saw two other servants and the one I called looked to me. “Yes, Matthew?”

“Take him.” I snarled, and pointed a thumb at Luke who was cowering at my feet. “Take him to prison and tell the guards there to keep him until he will pay me.”

Caleb and David looked at each other and then walked up to Luke, who stood up obediently. I rolled my eyes and walked off to my house.

.   .   .

King James was sitting on his throne, looking through demands and ideas from the people.

A servant barged in and I saw it was David. I quickly stood up, startled and he bowed quickly. Papers fell from my lap and onto the floor. “Excuse me, lord.”

“no, no it's alright,” I sighed and sat back down, “what's the problem?”

“Matthew brought Luke to prison until Luke could pay some debt. And we feel so sorry about him, what do we do?”

King James looked at the servant, and paused for a bit, then asked, “Wait, say that again?”

He took a deep breath and repeated what he had said.

The king was furious and called for Matthew.

.    .    .

I was back in the throne room. And the king was not happy.

“You wicked servant!” He yelled, and I trembled, “I forgave your debt because you asked me to! Don't you think you should've had the same compassion for your fellow servant?!”

I tried to speak, but King James cut me off, “guards, bring him to the Jailor! And keep him there until he can pay what he needs to. And set the one called Luke free.”

“No- no! Sir! Please!” I cried out as hands grasped my arms and started to drag me out of the palace. But the king turned his back on me and walked away. “King! Sir! No! Let me go!” I cried as I was dragged down to the jailor. Kept there, safe but miserable until I could pay my debt.

I Hadn't NOTICED LOLL King James! And I was looking at the KJV while writing this LOL I'ma keep it tho amazing