Chapter 15: Never go out of style

The rest of the afternoon we were doing what we normally do in the Man Cave, but this time at the Hart house... and with Piper, and Henry's parents.

Anyway, we were talking about meaningless things, oh! We put Henry's presents back so he could open them again, we made fun of Jasper a little about whatever he was doing, Jake was talking nonsense, Ray wouldn't stop flirting with Kris, Piper wouldn't put her phone down...ah, another one good birthday afternoon in Swellview.

But like any good day, after getting a raccoon out of the house, having covered your best friend in his superhero life, and eating a delicious 10 leches cake, this good day had to end.

It was 10:15 at night, Ray and Schwoz were gone, as were Jasper and Charlotte, and the girl from animal control, it was just Piper, Henry and I, in the living room lying on the couch, watching an old movie.

Piper was in one corner of the couch, and I was with Henry on the other side, with our feet up on the coffee table.

"Why are we watching this?" I asked, putting a mouthful of popcorn in my mouth. "It doesn't make any sense, I don't understand how they travel back in time to fix everything they do wrong in their future."

"That's the point, Kai," Piper replied. "It doesn't make sense to us, but to the greatest and rarest minds, it's like the eighth wonder of the world."

I stared at Piper with my mouth half open trying to understand what she was talking about.

"I insist that it is strange and meaningless, although it is very good."

"It is," she continued, laughing, "it doesn't make sense, plus time travel doesn't exist, that's what makes it more interesting, that it doesn't exist."

"YES!" Henry shouted out of nowhere, making us both turn to look at him. "I mean no, no... time travel doesn't exist... I mean even though I already have... which I don't, No, I have not traveled through time, because there is no such thing, why should time travel exist?... They don't have to exist, it is something that... cannot exist.

As I did a few hours ago, I brought my hand to my face where I made a big noticeable palm face, oh Henry, Henry. 

Sometimes I think: how is it possible that Henry doesn't give himself away when he does that? With all the things he says to try to cover up what he had said, is incredible.

"What?" Piper asked confused.

"Ahh..." he began to hesitate "I already told you... um...".

"It's just that your brother," I tried to intervene, that is, save my friend's skin, "is...excited by time travel, and feels as if he had already done it."

Henry snapped his fingers and pointed at me, as if to say he agreed with my point.

"True".

I rolled my eyes and returned to my original position to continue watching the movie. It was getting interesting.

"Well," Piper said, getting up from her place, "it's late, there's school tomorrow, I have to go to sleep."

I frowned in bewilderment. "You never go to sleep early."

"No, but I have to get to school early tomorrow because there are registrations to be the cactus queen in the Cactus Con" she sighed "It will be a dream come true, and I'm going to win it "she took another pause. "Good night".

"Good night," Henry and I answered in unison.

After Piper left the room, Henry and I stayed watching the movie, I didn't really care if it was already late, tomorrow we wouldn't go to school, even if he didn't know that. But I still had to get home or my grandparents would kill me.

"Hey," I said, moving my hand up and down over his eyes, "I'm leaving, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey, hey, where are you going?"

"To my house?" I asked incredulously, "where I live with my grandparents? And my siblings?"

"I'll take you then," he said as he stood up from the couch, "you can't go alone."

I looked at Henry and then gave him a small smile, what a nice gesture on his part, really, but I must admit that it was already quite late and even if I loved him too much, I wasn't going to let him take me just because he wanted to.

"Henry, it's already late, I live five blocks away, nothing will happen."

"That's why, Kai," he spoke again, "it's after 10, although it's Sunday and it's forbidden to commit any crime at this time in Swellview."

I frowned, "Weird Swellview laws?" he nodded. "It makes sense, there it is, nothing will happen."

My dear friend approached me, he lowered himself a little to reach my ear level, he had that mysterious look of his, that face he makes when he wants to 'make a point', okay, what's going on?

"Wouldn't you rather go with Kid Danger?"

"Oh!" I whispered, "I know where this is going, and how could you get Kid Danger to come with me?"

He shrugged. "He's a great friend of mine," he said, sitting up.

"Oh yeah?" I asked sarcastically, he nodded, "Call him."

"Okay," he answered firmly, "I'll go to the porch and call my dear friend Kid Danger."

"I'll wait here."

About 2 minutes passed and Henry still didn't come back, that was strange, it didn't take him more than 1 minute to blow a bubble and transform.

A little worried, I took my things from the sofa and then went out to the porch of the house slowly and without attracting too much attention.

"Henry?" There was no response "Henry? Kid Danger?"

He was nowhere to be found, it was as if the earth had swallowed him, and I could swear that...

"BOO!"

"Ah!" He very damn fell from the ceiling, knocking me to the ground, second time that day, great "Are you crazy?"

He was already wearing his Kid Danger costume, and as expected, he couldn't stop laughing... I have something about being dropped from the ceiling out of nowhere, I don't know.

"Get off!" I ordered him, but he kept laughing. "Seriously, Henry, move."

He sighed at the same time that he pretended to wipe away a tear, "it never goes out of style."

The boy stretched out his hand to help me as soon as he stood up, I grabbed it, and stood up.

"It's not funny," I said between laughs.

"It is," he responded in the same way, "but it's okay, I'll take you home."