4. Miscalculation

You weren't sure what you were expecting from this "fourth student" but you were eager to meet them. Anyone could be better than Stank Face. You rushed around your room getting ready. A uniform had been outside your bedroom door, which you discovered when Yuji woke you up this morning.

Luckily, there were a few sets of each piece and you silently thanked Yaga for noticing your preferences in your wardrobe. You knew you'd be comfortable wearing this uniform. The uniform didn't include shoes so you figured you would wear your own. You hoped you weren't wrong about that, you honestly didn't think you could handle getting reprimanded by Gojo without laughing at him.

You tried calling Choso again after Yuji left and got his voicemail again. A little worried, you tried to distract yourself with getting ready. You felt bad that this was exactly how Choso must have felt. Once you were dressed, you made a quick stop in the bathroom to make yourself presentable. You stepped out into the hall once you were done and saw Fushiguro stepping out of his room as well. Your eyes met before he quickly averted his gaze. Maybe he was just antisocial?

You walked over to Yuji's room, the room next to Fushiguro's, and knocked. Shuffling could be heard before Yuji slammed open the door, causing you to jump. "Sorry." He laughed. "Didn't mean to do that." He took a second to finish putting on his shoes before joining you in the hall. He greeted Fushiguro who just gave a slight wave of acknowledgement. You changed your mind and thought maybe he wasn't a morning person?

You all made pleasant conversation, although Fushiguro's responses were less than pleasant. You noticed he never really indulged information about himself and instead gave the bare minimum of information required of him. He was so gloomy it was almost funny. You wondered jokingly how long he could resist Yuji's radiant positivity.

You decided to turn the conversation and asked Yuji about Choso and discovered he also hadn't heard from him, which was even more unusual. Choso was very family-orientated and you had expected him to latch onto Yuji's after the death of Wasuke but it seemed like he might still be tied up with the aftermath of dealing with that. It was really strange for him to not answer Yuji, even if he is busy.

You grew more worried as Megumi held up his phone and told us to come with him to meet Gojo. You and Yuji followed behind him while joking about seeing Gojo again. Yuji explained why Gojo wears the blindfold and how he can see, which he had asked Fushiguro about yesterday. Gojo apparently has some super complicated yet powerful cursed technique that has a tendency to overload his senses and it makes him tired. By covering his eyes, he prevents fatigue but he can still perceive his surroundings with his technique.

After catching a train to Harajuku, Fushiguro led you effortlessly to presumably meet Gojo. You thought maybe he had Gojo's location until you all stopped near the station and Fushiguro stated that Gojo was meeting us here. Yuji took the opportunity to quickly grab a snack from a nearby vendor; a popsicle. You looked at the people around you. Gojo was a big guy and still, you didn't see him anywhere in the crowd around the station.

Yuji and Fushiguro talked about the fourth student they were meeting with Fushiguro explaining the rarity of jujutsu sorcerers. He made a quick comment about yours and Yuji's situation being an exception and that it was rare to even have sorcerers know each other outside of family clans and the jujutsu schools. You were about to ask Fushiguro for more information on the other schools but you were cut off by a greeting from Gojo.

"Thanks for waiting!" He was waving as you three looked in his direction. "Oh! Your guys' uniforms got here fast!" He exclaimed. Yuji noted the differences between his and Fushiguro's uniforms, prompting Gojo to explain.

"Uniforms can be customized, upon the student's request." He offered before Yuji looked confused and stated that he didn't put in a request. Gojo beamed as he responded, "Oh, I did that for you." Yuji fell silent as he moved the hood of his uniform between his index and thumb, looking at it curiously. You looked back at Gojo as he began to speak to you. "Principal Yaga went ahead and customized yours as well."