Prom

Wednesday had somehow been persuaded to go to the nevermore ball with Enid, after she begged her for weeks. Her black dress was creasing for sitting on the chair for so long, Wednesday wouldn't dare to make eye contact with anyone, for the first time in forever.

She sat by a table in an isolated corner fiddling with the silver confetti that was thrown on top of the white table. Wednesday wasn't always in her mind, if anything this is the first time she's felt like crying in years. She sat there lonely in her thoughts about why she isn't good enough, and why she is the way she is.

Yoko had been standing by Wednesday for a while now, waiting for her to hear her call her name as she saw her eyes start to water,

"I'm so tired" she said as she sat beside her, Wednesday looked up slowly and raised her eyebrows. She felt Yoko staring at her looking worried, as she felt her eyes start to become harder and harder to see out of. "Aren't you supposed to be with Divina?" 

"she's outside getting some air, kinda hot in here... are you okay?" she asked as Wednesday wiped a tear that escaped from her eye.

The raven haired girl looked up at the table across the room for a split second and turned back to Yoko, Yoko looked and saw Enid and Ajax sitting together, Enid feeding Ajax like some sort of baby. Yoko knew about Wednesdays crush on Enid, for a while now, and shipped them so much. She always tried to knock some sense into Enid but you can't force these things. But oh how she wished she could help Wednesday.