Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Pulling me into the café, we waited to be served while he glanced through the menu stand. A bubbly waitress led us into the café as she took our orders. While Shawn ordered for both of us, my eyes wandered around the interesting paintings hung on the pearl white wallpapers.

It gave off a welcoming, comfortable vibe which enticed me to come again next time.

As the rainbow colored macaroons and hot lattes were served, a low voice captured my attention which made my head snap up immediately. Through my round glasses, I saw a man who was oddly familiar.

It was then did I realise that this was the man whom I have been tracking down.

Before we left for this trip, my brother revealed the real reasons behind this vacation. He had inside news that this man who was linked to Alpha Josiah would be in Paris for the next few weeks.

And, he needed me here to spy on him and report my latest discovers. This also gave me an opportunity to source out for more evidences and come up with a reasonable conclusion.

Perhaps, I might crack the case faster and settle down with my mate sooner.

Turning back to face my mate, he shot me a raised brow while I smiled sweetly and stole the macaroon from his fingers. He shook his head at my actions and picked up another macaroon, stopping it right in front of my mouth.

I smiled, letting him feed me while my eyes would occasionally dart towards the man from the peripheral of my vision.

****

Entwining hands with his, we strolled down the cold, hard concretes as we headed to the city's central. Excitement churned in my stomach as I heard that there was going to be a performance by a band, DNCE.

The band wasn't what I would usually fan-girl over, but I just find their songs interesting ever since I was in high school. After I worked in the pack as an Upsilon, I had lesser time to listen to their songs.

Finally, I have the chance to listen to their songs again.

"I know you like the band's songs, babe. So, I brought you here after discovering that they are going to perform in Paris." He said, while I looked up with a smirk.

"And how did you know my likes and dislikes?" I challenged with a lazy grin, expecting my brother to be involved in this. He shrugged, "You should know the answer by now."

I rolled my eyes, leaning in as I pecked his lips. "Doesn't matter if you get these information from someone, I still love the way you are."

Toothbrush by DNCE started playing as I grabbed his hand and dragged him along with me. I looked back a couple of times, watching as my hair swayed while his eyes softened.

I smirked, looking back to the front the moment we have reached the central where the band was playing. Linking arms with his, I leaned into his touch as the song played.

When you're standing there in your underwear

And my t-shirt from the night before

With your messed up hair

And your feet still bare

Would you mind closing the bedroom door?

I bobbed my head to the beat, looking towards Shawn with love shining in my eyes. If I could, I wouldn't just want to leave my toothbrush at his place. I want to move in with him.

"I like the sound of that." His words seeped in through my head while I scrunched my nose when he had listened to my thoughts.

I huffed, rolling my eyes playfully as he barked out a laugh. His laughter was contagious, making me laugh along with him.

From the peripheral of my vision, something moved as I looked towards the direction to see the man whom I had been tracking down was weaving his way past the crowds.

Now was not the time to strike. I had to wait before I could catch what he was doing. I needed to find a way to implant the tracking device on him.

My eyes found a drink store near the central as I looked towards Shawn with a wink. "I'm going to get us some drinks." I stated before I began to weave my way past the crowds as I approached the drink store.

As I handed her the money, I took the drinks in my hands and walked in his direction, casting my eyes on the ground this whole time.

Swiftly, I bumped into him, landing on top of him as we fell down together. My drinks were spilt on the ground as I groaned aloud before tilting up my head as I mumbled 'sorry'.

He got up, quickly dusting himself off as he cringed when he touched his neck. Looking down at me with a cold stare, he stalked off in a hurry while I smirked, able to move on to my next step.

I had just successfully implanted the tracking device into his skin while I made it look like an accident by bumping into him. In this way, I would be able to track him down with ease as long as he doesn't discover it.

Good thing my brother had given me a few gadgets for me to use while I was in my trip to Paris. It just made my life a whole lot easier than constantly following behind him to source for evidences.

At least, I could spend some time with my mate than tracking him down all the time.

"Are you okay?" Shawn asked, approaching me while I leaned into him as he pulled me up. Wrapping his arms around my waist, I smiled sheepishly as I looked up to see concern written all over his face.

I looked down at the slimy substance and realised that the spilt drinks had stained my white blouse. "Do I look like I am okay?" I stated the obvious while he laughed. I pouted, feeling him carrying me in bridal style as he walked us back to our hotel suite.

A/N _ Vote, Comment and Share!
Add this book to your library and reading list if you've enjoyed.