Chapter Twenty-Three

Lydia's POV

The moment we arrived at the pack house, my dad was already waiting for us. He stood firmly with a solemn look on his face as he stared intensely at Ethan.

The whole pack was utterly quiet as everyone stared at the two Alphas standing opposite each other. Having two Alphas in the same room is never a good thing, it means that there are two powerful presence.

"Alpha Ethan, you have arrived." He said, breaking the silence with an awkward cough. My dad is a man who rarely socialises with other Alphas, as his daughter, I try to be the most cheerful host as possible with my mom's absence at the moment.

"Alpha Ethan, this is my dad, Alpha Diego." My lips curved up into a wide grin as my dad's eyes flickered to me, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"It's a great honor to be here, Alpha Diego. Thank you for willing to rescue my sister and lend us your army to fight against Hugo." Ethan responded formally, his body still tensed at my dad's intense stare.

"Not a problem, Alpha Ethan. Let us talk in the meeting room." With that said, he gestured towards the direction and guided him to the room.

We followed behind the two prominent figures, neither of them showing that they are weak in front of everyone. As Alphas, they have to maintain their image and talk peacefully at the same time in order not to have internal fights.

At this moment, our main goal is to save Sam.

As we took our seats with my dad sitting at the head of the table and Ethan taking the seat next to him, we began the meeting without a hitch.

The Alphas has come to an agreement that my dad's army will be sent out first to attack the base once the trackers have managed to hunt it down.

Afterwards, Ethan's army will arrive here probably around noon, ready to destroy the base along with my dad's. However, I have an unsettling feeling about the expedition this time.

It felt as though something was not right.

"May I point out something, Alphas?" Caleb suddenly spoke up, making everyone turn to face him. "Based on my experience, I have a feeling that their base has something deeper inside, like a basement. From what Sam and I have discovered, we managed to obtain a code, 1333 which symbolises something. It can be in a form of code which has access to a secret room."

"1333." Ethan repeated as he nodded, taking in the information while my dad stared at him with his face full of doubt. I sighed internally, when will my dad ever learn to accept my mate?

The door suddenly swung open as three figures barged into the room in a haste, not caring if they have disrupted the meeting. I found a gasp escaping from my lips as I noticed Shawn among them.

They panted, bowing towards both Alphas with respect. "Sorry to disturb the meeting, Alpha. We have found the base." Garry who had returned, informed my dad.

"Where are the rest?" He demanded, his brows furrowed deeply as his body tensed. "According to Ben's orders, we are to retreat and report back to the Alpha. He mentioned code blue, Alpha."

I gasped, my face turning pale at the mention of the code. Ben and the rest of the trackers inside the base must have been discovered by them and trapped inside. No wonder Garry, Jake and Shawn rushed back to report the the news.

Code blue is never a good sign. It is only used in situations where the team is split into two and the first team is unable to return to join the remaining team. They are most likely attacked and need the remaining team to rush back to report the news.

I heaved a sigh in relief when Shawn was among them who managed to return safely.

At least, once Sam is rescued, she would still be able to reunite with her mate. It would be terrible if neither of them survived in this mission.

"What happened in this mission?" My dad was in a rage at the mention of code blue. Garry and Jake hung their heads with sighs escaping from their lips.

"We have no idea what happened, Alpha. We were only stationed outside to watch the surroundings. After a while, we received a message from Ben followed by a painful cry. He only said code blue and the link was cut off. Something must have happened inside." Jake answered solemnly, not daring to look up to meet my dad's eyes.

"Open the footage, the lenses they have worn have footage of what exactly happened at the base." My dad ordered, his voice boomed throughout the whole room as Garry set up the laptop and started typing.

With a click, he opened up the footage and played for everyone of us to watch.

It was a scene of Ben's captured footage. He was heading down the spiral stairs along with the team, there was no one guarding the first level. "Strange, why isn't there anyone guarding the area?"

He reached the basement level where they were suddenly ambushed by a group of men who wore long robes which looked like what lab scientists would wear.

Every one of them held a weapon which looked like normal guns. When fired, one of the trackers was burnt and turned into ashes. I gasped aloud at the sight, covering my lips with tears rolling down my cheeks as every one of them were killed and turned into ashes, leaving no traces behind.

BAM

My dad's fist made contact with the table as he growled ferociously. "Despicable idiots. They invented a special weapon which could easily take down the whole pack if they have more than enough weapons."

"How did they get the source to make them into these weapons?" I heard Caleb muttered under his breath as he became trapped in his thoughts.

"They must have stolen the resources from The Great Sorceress, Peony Haze." My dad growled loudly, enraged at the situation right now. If the resources were stolen from Peony, they have an upper hand at this moment for possessing such deadly weapons in this world.

There is a chance that they might win us..

A/N _ Vote, Comment and Share!
Add this book to your library and reading list if you've enjoyed.