Chapter 1

"The wind is rising ! We must try to live." Komorebi is a word in japanese that describes the sun shining through the leaves. Charlie had yet to find a word in any language that could describe the wind caressing the trees and making that gorgeous, peaceful sound. As she was sipping her mint tea outside, the warm rays of sunshine were burning her skin a little bit. Skin that she would always protect with sunscreen. The warm rays of sunshine were lighting her ginger hair up. Life is good... sometimes. Listening to nature, her naked feet landed on the grass as she stood up from her plain white boring chair. She would cough a little while climbing that big stair that would separate her from the inside of her apartment. Inside, it was very cosy indeed. Lots of blankets, pillows, decorations everywhere. Wasting the rest of her tea inside the sink, it's a drink she absolutely adored but couldn't bear finishing it. The taste at the end would always disgust her and make her look terrible when cringing about it. Washing her cup, she let it dry on the side while getting her clothes from storage that was used as a closet. With her green trousers, she would wear a colourful red and yellow button-up shirt. She would always wear colourful clothes to light up the rooms she would eventually walk in. Her fit was absolutely perfect and that's because she learned how to dress herself up. Not that it was something she was really used to. Younger, she would wear horrible-fitting pants and tank tops all the time which was very unflattering. But then she met with that very cool friend who was all about fashion in high school and everything suddenly changed. Opening her kitchen's doors again, just to let it breathe, she picked her favourite book that was Love Is A Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield, and went outside to sit back on that single chair, wind in her hair and sunglasses on her nose.

    "Look who's here !" And she was interrupted just a few dozens of minutes later by her mother. "Hello darling." The woman smiles at her.

    "Look at you, looking handsome !" She smiles back at her, watching her every step. "Good afternoon mom. How did you get in ?"

    "Honey I pay your rent, I have my key, remember ? You did not answer my text saying I was here." The redhead rolls her eyes up to the sky. Sorry mommy. The older one kisses her daughter's cheeks, leaving lipstick marks on it before sitting next to her. "Is this how you're going to dress up for your appointment ?"

    "Yup."

    "And I guess I won't change your mind ?"

    "Nope."

    "Alright..." She sighs. What now ? "Don't act like you don't absolutely love my fit."

    "I despise it. You look like a clown."

    "I am one !" She smiles big, her mother rolls her eyes up to the sky. At least we know now where she got that from.

Charlotte Clark is a 26 years old woman. She's a hard-headed, sarcastic and sometimes mean woman. But she is happy. Or at least she tries her best to be. She doesn't really have a job, but she spends her days trying new coffees everywhere in Los Angeles, reading and rereading her favourite books all the time because she's simply unable to try new things. Same shit for tv shows, movies, music. She only watches and listens to stuff she already knows. Her favourite hobby is knitting; we could say she's an old soul in a young body just from this fact, but basically, she can do anything.

When she left her mother there to put on some makeup, the young woman ignored her shouting about looking better without it, naturally. It's not about looking better, it's about having fun. Life should be fun ! Life shouldn't be boring. Pressing her lips together, she sighs at the thought of her appointment coming.

Gia was driving the car, very calmly, leaving her little one in front of that huge building quickly to go and park it elsewhere. Charlie felt a little intimidated, as always, but she still stepped in through the glass doors, quietly, earphones on. Listening to Madame George by Van Morrisson, she couldn't help but mumble the lyrics a little bit behind her black face mask that was hiding both her mouth and nose. Walking slowly towards the right yellow hallway, she just never cared about people around her. She did not care about meeting new people. She was a very lonely woman who was suffering from it. It's not that she did not want to have friends, but what was the point, today ? Knocking on the big blue door, she stepped in still so quietly and immediately went to the only empty chair left. Taking a seat, apologising for being late, she sighed and began looking at everyone, especially the new ones she was not used to seeing. Most importantly, she was looking at her friend Wanda who was speaking.