Chapter 15

"Look at them," Molly said, waving her head over the brainless chicken's eyes. Naomi and Frizzle stare at her confused once Molly removed her hand away from the chicken's face. "It's like they're all a bit... brainless. I don't think I like it here."

"Yeah. It's not as much fun as it looked on the poster, is it?" Frizzle agreed, uncertain. This is a very bad idea that they had come here in the first place. All around them, all of the chickens have soulless eyes, weird smiles and creepy laughter.

Suddenly, Molly had an idea. "Hey, Frizzle, Naomi. Maybe we should try and find out what's going on in this place."

"Now, that sounds like a real adventure," Naomi grinned. "Come on. Let's investigate."

As the three girls sneak by to search for a way out, a hatch opens up, sending Molly and Naomi flying into the air and crashing on the painted wall. Frizzle gasped as a figure wearing a chicken suit emerged from the hole. He waved to the chickens before he turned to Frizzle.

"Come on, now, you naughty little thing," he sneered, showing his face to reveal that he is a man wearing glasses. "I'm just your big chicken friend who only wants you to be happy." He grabbed her as she screamed in horror.

"Frizzle?" Naomi asked before she noticed the giant chicken descending back into the hatch. Climbing over the hedge, Naomi and Molly headed up to Frizzle and noticed the collar on her neck.

"What was that?" Molly asked. When Frizzle turned around, she had the same brainless, blank expression on her face.

"Hello," she spoke in a twitchy voice. "Who are you?"

"What?" Molly paused. "It's me. Molly." She began to follow Frizzle down.

"And it's me, Naomi," Naomi insisted, her black hair falling into her eyes.

"Happy to meet you."

"Frizzle, what's this?" She struggled to pull the collar off of her but it won't open. She fell down onto the ground and watched as Frizzle climbed onto a springy ride. "Come on, Frizzle. We've got to go," Naomi pleaded before she fell down.

"But I've never been so happy," Frizzle cooed. "Whee!"

Horrified, Molly and Naomi scrambled backwards away from Frizzle and put their arms over their knees. Naomi began to cower, surrounded by mindless chickens.

"What are we gonna do?" Naomi sniffled. "I have never been away from my friend before." As Naomi lowered her head, Molly saw the look on her face. She hates to see her sad, and there is one thing she has to do. She's not gonna end up like them. Never.

"Let's go, Naomi," she told her.

Naomi lifted her head. "What?" The look on Molly's face was tearful, but she was shown a look of determination and hope. She is small but she's brave.

She stood up on her knees and went up to Frizzle.

"Frizzle. Listen. I'm going to find out what's going on here. Then Naomi and I will be back. I promise," Molly told her.

They start to leave and heading over to the fake walls Molly finds a loose flap and squeezed underneath, followed by Naomi. Looking around, she saw that they were backstage. Helping Naomi down, the girls began to look around and sneak out of the vent until they heard a door opening. They took behind some boxes when the man in the chick suit entered. The monitor on the wall began to turn on.

"Dr. Fry, your guest has arrived," a guard informed him. He showed him a card that showed a family restaurant by manager, Smith.

"Sir Eats-a Lot!" Excited, he began to take off his costume. "Right. It's showtime."